Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run DB2 export command in loop Post 302442767 by srimitta on Thursday 5th of August 2010 11:30:19 AM
Old 08-05-2010
Thanks Scott, Excellent it's working.

Srimitta

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop with db2 command

Having some trouble with usage of for loop and displaying words. Basically I had 3 words( some times more ) in the variable. I want to get one at a time to process. I am new to unix scripting so please bear with my question and appreciate your reply. I think this can also me done my awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export data from DB2 table to .txt file(space delimited)

Hi I need help on this. Its very urgent for me.. please try to help me out.. I have data in tables in DB2 database. I would like to export the data from DB2 tables into a text file, which has to be space delimited. so that I can carry out awk, grep operations on that file. I tried to export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: SQL3100W while export in DB2

Problem has been resolved (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I run a shell command in a while loop?

The command is: sic -h irc.freenode.net 2>&1 | tee -a irc.log Where sic is an IRC client, and I'm piping the output to tee in order to log my IRC sessions. I'm trying to handle reconnects by running it in a while loop in the shell process and cat the initial commands into sic's stdin. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script to export the data to ixf file in loop

Hi, I am trying to export the data to an .ixf file. I have read the table names from a .dat file and those table name should be passed to the select * from schema.TABLENAME query . I am trying the below loop while read TABLE; do db2 EXPORT TO ~/data_export/$TABLE.ixf OF IXF MESSAGES... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikyalex4
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using xml to run db2 commands

Hi, Strange problem I'm having here and not sure what to do. I have here a xml that is supposed to execute the next value in the schema but it isn't do the job it's supposed to do. I'm not a dba or a developer so I'm sorry in advance if there are some things i don't understand. when we run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a loop for multiple files in a folder to run awk command?

Dear folks I have two data set which there names are "final.map" and "1.geno" and look like this structures: final.map: gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2044 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2048 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2187 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 17654 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

DB2 Export and Import Oracle

Hi Guys, I Just wanted your opinion/ suggestion/ Help on my unix script about db2 export data with deli file and import into oracle. db2 connect to Tablename user id using psswrd db2 "EXPORT TO '/cardpro/brac/v5/dev/dat/AAAAA.DEL' OF DEL select * FROM AAAAA" db2 "EXPORT TO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonny_103024
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

DB2 Export and Import Oracle

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: is this enough to make the data perfect export into delimited file? there are some posted that i read, they... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonny_103024
9 Replies
PDO_IBM-DSN(3)								 1							    PDO_IBM-DSN(3)

PDO_IBM DSN - Connecting to IBM databases

The PDO_IBM Data Source Name (DSN) is based on the IBM CLI DSN. The major components of the PDO_IBM DSN are:

o DSN prefix
		- The DSN prefix is ibm:.

o DSN
		- The DSN can be any of the following:

o a) Data source setup using
		       db2cli.ini or odbc.ini

o b) Catalogued database name i.e. database alias in the DB2 client catalog

o c) Complete connection string in the following format: DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};DATABASE=
		       database;HOSTNAME=  hostname;PORT= port;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID= username;PWD= password; where the parameters represent the fol-
		       lowing values:

o $database
			      - The name of the database.

o $hostname
			      - The hostname or IP address of the database server.

o $port
			      - The TCP/IP port on which the database is listening for requests.

o $username
			      - The username with which you are connecting to the database.

o $password
			      - The password with which you are connecting to the database.

Example #1

PDO_IBM DSN example using db2cli.ini

The following example shows a PDO_IBM DSN for connecting to an DB2 database cataloged as DB2_9 in db2cli.ini:

$db = new PDO("ibm:DSN=DB2_9", "", "");

[DB2_9]
	      Database=testdb
	      Protocol=tcpip
	      Hostname=11.22.33.444
	      Servicename=56789

Example #2

PDO_IBM DSN example using a connection string

The following example shows a PDO_IBM DSN for connecting to an DB2 database named testdb using the DB2 CLI connection  string  syn-
	      tax.

$db = new PDO("ibm:DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};DATABASE=testdb;" .
		"HOSTNAME=11.22.33.444;PORT=56789;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;", "testuser", "tespass");

PHP Documentation Group 													    PDO_IBM-DSN(3)