Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out) Post 302441290 by vishalaswani on Friday 30th of July 2010 05:25:38 AM
Old 07-30-2010
In that case, in the servers not allowing ftp you can look into below two files which are used to restrict ftp access.

- /etc/ftpd/ftpusers - the user ID you are trying to use to login must not be there in this file.

- /etc/ftpd/ftphosts - this is used to specifically dis allow ftp access to a login ID from a particular host.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

Connection Timed out problem - EM64T

Hai All, I have problem during HTTP benchmarking with polygraph tool on EM64T machine. Benchmarking results are getting problem bcas of connection timed out system errors. Machine log information is as, /var/log/messages.3:Feb 18 16:17:44 proxy64 network: Bringing up interface eth0: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumar
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh problem connection refused

I'm trying to use rsh command to read a variable on a remote machine. I can rlogin with no problem. If I rsh HOST I also get connection like with rlogin. There is no need for passwords. But when I rsh HOST COMMAND it waits 30 seconds then gives me a connection refused error message. Any ideas? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mace
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection refused to ftp from a unix server to a windows pc

I need your help please. In order to run a script after a ftp connection, ive got initially this problem: from unix pc machine to a Unix server i could ftp succesfully but in reverse (i mean from unix to pc machine i cant ftp. The error message is this ftp 192.168.29.90 ftp: connect: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

nc (netcat): Connection refused problem

From my machine (ubuntu), I can do $ nc somemachine 80 But, when I want to connect to other machine that runs nc on different ports, it throws "Connection refused" error. The same error occurs on my local machine. For example, nc -l 5555 nc x.x.x.x 5555 --> this throws "Connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinga
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

6. Solaris

ftp connect connection refused solaris 11

hi, I am using solaris 11 , facing problem in ftp while using ftp to connect it from other os. SCP and ssh are working fine. sftp also working from other solaris machine but i want to ftp from windows os which show me the below message. ftp connect connection refused I use below command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
3 Replies

7. Debian

ftp connection refused

I have two computers running Debian 6.0 and one running Solaris 2.6 on a private network. The Debian computers can ftp to the Solaris computer but if a Debian computer is the destination the ftp connection is refused. I assume this is some security feature of Debian. What can I do to allow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

8. AIX

FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .

HI , I'm facing the FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .It showing the messege "can't create ftp connection connectin refused".Though it is accessible from putty . i'm using aix version 6 . Can any one let me know the seetings needs to be made so that i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmkganesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused issue

Hi All, I am using the below script to get some files from the remote location HOST='Test03' USER='root' PASSWD='*****' FILE='/home/user/d.txt' ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD get $FILE quit END_SCRIPT exit 0 But ist is giving me the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies
ftphosts(4)							   File Formats 						       ftphosts(4)

NAME
ftphosts - FTP Server individual user host access file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftphosts DESCRIPTION
The ftphosts file is used to allow or deny access to accounts from specified hosts. The following access capabilities are supported: allow username addrglob [addrglob...] Only allow users to login as username from host(s) that match addrglob. deny username addrglob [addrglob...] Do not allow users to login as username from host(s) that match addrglob. A username of * matches all users. A username of anonymous or ftp specifies the anonymous user. addrglob is a regular expression that is matched against hostnames or IP addresses. addrglob may also be in the form address:netmask or address/CIDR, or be the name of a file that starts with a slash ('/') and contains additional address globs. An exclamation mark (`!') placed before the addrglob negates the test. The first allow or deny entry in the ftphosts file that matches a username and host is used. If no entry exists for a username, then access is allowed. Otherwise, a matching allow entry is required to permit access. EXAMPLES
You can use the following ftphosts file to allow anonymous access from any host except those on the class A network 10, with the exception of 10.0.0.* IP addresses, which are allowed access: allow ftp 10.0.0.* deny ftp 10.*.*.* allow ftp * 10.0.0.* can be written as 10.0.0.0:255.255.255.0 or 10.0.0.0/24. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftphosts ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftphosts(4)