Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out) Post 302441280 by vishalaswani on Friday 30th of July 2010 04:37:59 AM
Old 07-30-2010
Did you check whether FTP is enabled on the servers where it is timing out or getting rejected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

Connection Timed out problem - EM64T

Hai All, I have problem during HTTP benchmarking with polygraph tool on EM64T machine. Benchmarking results are getting problem bcas of connection timed out system errors. Machine log information is as, /var/log/messages.3:Feb 18 16:17:44 proxy64 network: Bringing up interface eth0: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumar
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh problem connection refused

I'm trying to use rsh command to read a variable on a remote machine. I can rlogin with no problem. If I rsh HOST I also get connection like with rlogin. There is no need for passwords. But when I rsh HOST COMMAND it waits 30 seconds then gives me a connection refused error message. Any ideas? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mace
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection refused to ftp from a unix server to a windows pc

I need your help please. In order to run a script after a ftp connection, ive got initially this problem: from unix pc machine to a Unix server i could ftp succesfully but in reverse (i mean from unix to pc machine i cant ftp. The error message is this ftp 192.168.29.90 ftp: connect: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

nc (netcat): Connection refused problem

From my machine (ubuntu), I can do $ nc somemachine 80 But, when I want to connect to other machine that runs nc on different ports, it throws "Connection refused" error. The same error occurs on my local machine. For example, nc -l 5555 nc x.x.x.x 5555 --> this throws "Connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinga
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

6. Solaris

ftp connect connection refused solaris 11

hi, I am using solaris 11 , facing problem in ftp while using ftp to connect it from other os. SCP and ssh are working fine. sftp also working from other solaris machine but i want to ftp from windows os which show me the below message. ftp connect connection refused I use below command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
3 Replies

7. Debian

ftp connection refused

I have two computers running Debian 6.0 and one running Solaris 2.6 on a private network. The Debian computers can ftp to the Solaris computer but if a Debian computer is the destination the ftp connection is refused. I assume this is some security feature of Debian. What can I do to allow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

8. AIX

FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .

HI , I'm facing the FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .It showing the messege "can't create ftp connection connectin refused".Though it is accessible from putty . i'm using aix version 6 . Can any one let me know the seetings needs to be made so that i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmkganesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused issue

Hi All, I am using the below script to get some files from the remote location HOST='Test03' USER='root' PASSWD='*****' FILE='/home/user/d.txt' ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD get $FILE quit END_SCRIPT exit 0 But ist is giving me the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies
FTP_ALLOC(3)								 1							      FTP_ALLOC(3)

ftp_alloc - Allocates space for a file to be uploaded

SYNOPSIS
bool ftp_alloc (resource $ftp_stream, int $filesize, [string &$result]) DESCRIPTION
Sends an ALLO command to the remote FTP server to allocate space for a file to be uploaded. Note Many FTP servers do not support this command. These servers may return a failure code ( FALSE) indicating the command is not sup- ported or a success code ( TRUE) to indicate that pre-allocation is not necessary and the client should continue as though the oper- ation were successful. Because of this, it may be best to reserve this function for servers which explicitly require preallocation. PARAMETERS
o $ftp_stream - The link identifier of the FTP connection. o $filesize - The number of bytes to allocate. o $result - A textual representation of the servers response will be returned by reference in $result if a variable is provided. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 ftp_alloc(3) example <?php $file = "/home/user/myfile"; // connect to the server $conn_id = ftp_connect('ftp.example.com'); $login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, 'anonymous', 'user@example.com'); if (ftp_alloc($conn_id, filesize($file), $result)) { echo "Space successfully allocated on server. Sending $file. "; ftp_put($conn_id, '/incomming/myfile', $file, FTP_BINARY); } else { echo "Unable to allocate space on server. Server said: $result "; } ftp_close($conn_id); ?> SEE ALSO
ftp_put(3), ftp_fput(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_ALLOC(3)