Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cut filename extension
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cut filename extension Post 302440853 by Essbaumer on Wednesday 28th of July 2010 03:31:48 PM
Old 07-28-2010
Thanks Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename extension check - regular expression

How to compare the file name for "zip" or "ZIP" extension. I can put one more || condition to check the upper case in the below: if ]; then Is there any better way to compare using regular expressions. Thx in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: devs
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating filename and extension

Hi (warning: newbie question), I am writing a script to run a series of tests on a program, which involves a line: for file in `ls test_suite/*.args` but later I want to send the output to file.out. But I need to separate the filename and extension somehow...Also $file contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucaspewkas
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing filename extension

Hi All, i need to change the filename extension. For simplicity, we can assume that the extension after '.' is 3 characters only... but the filenames can vary. eg. changing from abc.doc to abc.dxs can i have a oneline command to achieve this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiso
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script takes the whole filename instead of just extension

I am running my script from "/abc/" this path and it has no ".csv files" but has a ".txt" files namely temp1.txt My script goes as below, wherein it is suppose to find files with *.txt extension and *.csv extension in another path namely "/abc/xyz/": #!/bin/ksh PATH1="/abc/xyz/" value="*.csv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolverine999
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting filename with entire path without extension

Hi Experts, need one help.. m writing a shell script for which i need the entire path of the file but without its extension. running the below script gives error at the statement DIR = `dirname $FILE` --command not found. #!/bin/bash jar xvf *jar for FILE in `find . -name "*.class"` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the filename extension

Is there an easy way to strip off a filename's extension? For example, here's a filename: blahblahblah.thisisok.thisisnotok I want to get rid of .thisisnotok from the filename, so that what's left is blahblahblah.thisisok Thanks. I have a directory full of filenames that need to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add extension to filename

Hi all, I have a folder with a bunch of files in them, and I would like to add an extension (.mp3)to all these filenames. The folder has only files that I'd like .mp3 added to. It looks something like this: Intput: File1 File2 File3Output: File1.mp3 File2.mp3 File3.mp3Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repiv
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename all files (filename with spaces) to different extension

Hi, I have files with filenames as below. SGM Daily Sales Email-en-us-05312012.xlwa I want to rename it in .xls. I am writing a script to change this, as there can be multiple files in subfolders. I have the following script. #!/bin/ksh for oldfile in $(find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get latest filename without extension

I need to write a shell script to display the output of ls command like this ls -ltr *txt I get this -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 51912704 Dec 11 10:27 /usr/local/sam/test12112012101247AM.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 7 Dec 11 11:58 /usr/local/sam/test.txt but I just need the latest... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Getting a filename its extension

Heyas As i often have decide things upon a filename its extension, i thought i'd write a script: Just wondering if there would be a more efficent way? out="" FN=$( echo "$1" | sed s," ","",g) # Remove any spaces and make it a single string for chance in $(echo "$FN"|sed s,"\."," ",g) # Use... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
7 Replies
ipptool(1)							    Apple Inc.								ipptool(1)

NAME
ipptool - perform internet printing protocol requests SYNOPSIS
ipptool [ --help ] [ --stop-after-include-error ] [ --version ] [ -4 ] [ -6 ] [ -C ] [ -E ] [ -I ] [ -L ] [ -S ] [ -T seconds ] [ -V ver- sion ] [ -X ] [ -c ] [ -d name=value ] [ -f filename ] [ -i seconds ] [ -n repeat-count ] [ -q ] [ -t ] [ -v ] URI filename [ ... filenameN ] DESCRIPTION
ipptool sends IPP requests to the specified URI and tests and/or displays the results. Each named file defines one or more requests, including the expected response status, attributes, and values. Output is either a plain text, formatted text, CSV, or XML report on the standard output, with a non-zero exit status indicating that one or more tests have failed. The file format is described in ipptoolfile(5). OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by ipptool: --help Shows program help. --stop-after-include-error Tells ipptool to stop if an error occurs in an included file. Normally ipptool will continue with subsequent tests after the INCLUDE directive. --version Shows the version of ipptool being used. -4 Specifies that ipptool must connect to the printer or server using IPv4. -6 Specifies that ipptool must connect to the printer or server using IPv6. -C Specifies that requests should be sent using the HTTP/1.1 "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" header, which is required for conformance by all versions of IPP. The default is to use "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" for requests with attached files and "Content-Length:" for requests without attached files. -E Forces TLS encryption when connecting to the server using the HTTP "Upgrade" header. -I Specifies that ipptool will continue past errors. -L Specifies that requests should be sent using the HTTP/1.0 "Content-Length:" header, which is required for conformance by all versions of IPP. The default is to use "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" for requests with attached files and "Content-Length:" for requests without attached files. -S Forces (dedicated) SSL encryption when connecting to the server. -T seconds Specifies a timeout for IPP requests in seconds. -V version Specifies the default IPP version to use: 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2. If not specified, version 1.1 is used. -X Specifies that XML (Apple plist) output is desired instead of the plain text report. This option is incompatible with the -i (inter- val) and -n (repeat-count) options. -c Specifies that CSV (comma-separated values) output is desired instead of the plain text output. -d name=value Defines the named variable. -f filename Defines the default request filename for tests. -i seconds Specifies that the (last) file should be repeated at the specified interval. This option is incompatible with the -X (XML plist out- put) option. -l Specifies that plain text output is desired. -n repeat-count Specifies that the (last) file should be repeated the specified number of times. This option is incompatible with the -X (XML plist output) option. -t Specifies that CUPS test report output is desired instead of the plain text output. -v Specifies that all request and response attributes should be output in CUPS test mode (-t). This is the default for XML output. EXIT CODE
The ipptool program returns 0 if all tests were sucessful and 1 otherwise. COMPATIBILITY
The ipptool program is unique to CUPS. EXAMPLES
Get a list of completed jobs for "myprinter": ipptool ipp://localhost/printers/myprinter get-completed-jobs.test Send email notifications to "user@example.com" when "myprinter" changes: ipptool -d recipient=mailto:user@example.com ipp://localhost/printers/myprinter create-printer-subscription.test STANDARD FILES
The following standard files are available: color.jpg create-printer-subscription.test document-a4.pdf document-a4.ps document-letter.pdf document-letter.ps get-completed-jobs.test get-jobs.test get-notifications.test get-printer-attributes.test get-subscriptions.test gray.jpg ipp-1.1.test ipp-2.0.test ipp-2.1.test ipp-2.2.test ipp-everywhere.test onepage-a4.pdf onepage-a4.ps onepage-letter.pdf onepage-letter.ps print-job.test print-job-deflate.test print-job-gzip.test testfile.jpg testfile.pcl testfile.pdf testfile.ps testfile.txt validate-job.test SEE ALSO
ipptoolfile(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 13 May 2013 CUPS ipptool(1)