Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Setup SUDO For a User on Linux Server Post 302440296 by STOIE on Monday 26th of July 2010 09:02:49 PM
Old 07-26-2010
Problem is you are allowing them to tail a file, this means they will be able to look at the contents of pretty much anything they want.

for instance:
sudo tail /root/.ssh/authorized_keys

Catch my drift???

I would say chgrp the files you want them to be able to tail, to a newly created group, toss the old group owner into that group and add matt and john to the new group.

This way they can only access the files that you chgrp to the new group.

This seems to becoming more of a permissions question than a sudo question...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup of user a/c in mysql in linux

Hi Friends, I am new user of linux operating system. I wanted to install a software but facing a difficulty. I am not able to proceed to the next statement without resolving this. WFT is the software i need for my purpose. Setup a MySQL user account for WTF that will have access to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alma
1 Replies

2. Linux

how to setup a virtual IP to control 2 server load for linux

Hi anyone know how to setup a setup a virtual IP to control 2 server load for linux? i only have 2 server, i don want to buy another just for the load balance... is there a way to do it? Sumemr (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
0 Replies

3. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove and block a user from Linux server

Hi, Can anyone please guide me how can I remove/block a user from a server access. /usr/sbin/adduser -d /home/john john echo ****** | passwd --stdin john I used the above command to add a user "john". How do I delete and block john. Appreciate your responses. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

5. Linux

problems in linux mail server setup

hi i want to set up LInux mail server for intranet purpose. i used following document as reference Linux Mail Server softwares used are : Postfix # pre installed Procmail # pre installed Fetchmail # pre installed SpamBayes Mutt #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

6. AIX

sudo setup

I am working on setting sudo on a few AIX servers and wanted to know how to give users root access without allowing them access to the sudo logs, sudoers files and the /etc/security directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

setup sudo for cmd exec w/o password

i need to set up a user to execute a restricted command as another user and to be able to do so without entering a password. I understand the security concerns but let's not go there, unless you are really compelled to do so... The directive to permit is that I believe should work and did add to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

8. Linux

Linux- Useradd / sudo user

Hi, I am new in linux. Please help for create new user and also need to give sudo access in linux box. Please help me Now i am having new access Thanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba setup in virtual server environment Windows/ Linux

I have a home network set up that consists of a few windows clients and 3 centos, and 1 suse client. These are all virtual machines, VMware Workstation. One centos vm is set to be the Samba server. Do I need Samba set up on the other Linux clients?I have no problem seeing the windows clients... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktb231
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setup Samba Server to always ask user and password

How do I setup a Samba server to always ask to user and password, when a windows user, prints your files using a shared printer through a Samba Linux Server (CUPS)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viga
0 Replies
Mojo::Server::PSGI(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Mojo::Server::PSGI(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Server::PSGI - PSGI server SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Server::PSGI; my $psgi = Mojo::Server::PSGI->new; $psgi->unsubscribe('request'); $psgi->on(request => sub { my ($psgi, $tx) = @_; # Request my $method = $tx->req->method; my $path = $tx->req->url->path; # Response $tx->res->code(200); $tx->res->headers->content_type('text/plain'); $tx->res->body("$method request for $path!"); # Resume transaction $tx->resume; }); my $app = $psgi->to_psgi_app; DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Server::PSGI allows Mojo applications to run on all PSGI compatible servers. See Mojolicious::Guides::Cookbook for more. EVENTS
Mojo::Server::PSGI inherits all events from Mojo::Server. METHODS
Mojo::Server::PSGI inherits all methods from Mojo::Server and implements the following new ones. "run" my $res = $psgi->run($env); Run PSGI. "to_psgi_app" my $app = $psgi->to_psgi_app; Turn Mojo application into PSGI application. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Server::PSGI(3pm)