Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 100% cpu process
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 100% cpu process Post 302438232 by rdcwayx on Monday 19th of July 2010 07:09:46 AM
Old 07-19-2010
CPU 73% id , the db2sysc process is waiting something.

You'd better to check db2 logs first.

Last question, why not kill the db2sysc process when CPU go up to 100%? Normally you needn't reboot the server.
This User Gave Thanks to rdcwayx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process -> 1 cpu

Is there a way I can assign processes to different processors? I know in windows xp you can set process affinity, and wondered if there is a *nix equivelant. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solitare
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process not using enough cpu

I am running solaris 9 on a SUn 480r. It is running SAS statistical software, these processes in full flow normally run at about 50-60% cpu (theres nothing else really running on the box) this is fine, and the SAS jobs get run nice and quick. However over the last few weeks everytime a SAS job is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to find which process is using up too much CPU

Hi, I need to find which processes are hogging the cpu up. please advise. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to bind a process to a CPU

Hi all please can any body please suggest me how to bind a process to a particular CPU on unix machine. i have a unix machine with 2 CPUs and i wanna have my process running on CPU 0. please suggest. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
11 Replies

5. AIX

cpu utilization of a process

Hi, How can i find out the average cpu utilization of a particular long-running process in AIX? is there some command for this Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iam
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Process by CPU

Hello All, I am preparing a script to capture the processes consuming more CPU. So is there any way that i can sort & redirect to file only those processes consuming more than 5.0 % using ps command itself. Regards Ankit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

CPU and memory utilization of a process, by process name

Can someone please help me with a script that will help in identifying the CPU & memory usage by a process name, rather than a process id.This is to primarily analyze the consumption of resources, for performance tweaking. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Process going to 100% CPU

I have a httpd process which uses up 100% cpu. This makes my application to stop working and it just gets hung. I tried getting the tusc output looks something like this: # /usr/local/bin/tusc -pl 26516 ( Attached to process 26516 ("/opt/hpws22/apache/bin/httpd -d /opt/hpws22/apache -k... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
3 Replies
CPULIMIT(1)							   User commands						       CPULIMIT(1)

NAME
cpulimit -- limits the CPU usage of a process SYNOPSIS
cpulimit [TARGET] [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
TARGET must be exactly one of these: -p, --pid=N pid of the process -e, --exe=FILE name of the executable program file -P, --path=PATH absolute path name of the executable program file OPTIONS -b, --background run cpulimit in the background, freeing up the terminal -c, --cpu specify the number of CPU cores available. Usually this is detected for us. -l, --limit=N percentage of CPU allowed from 1 up. Usually 1 - 100, but can be higher on multi-core CPUs. (mandatory) -v, --verbose show control statistics -z, --lazy exit if there is no suitable target process, or if it dies -h, --help display this help and exit EXAMPLES
Assuming you have started `foo --bar` and you find out with top(1) or ps(1) that this process uses all your CPU time you can either # cpulimit -e foo -l 50 limits the CPU usage of the process by acting on the executable program file (note: the argument "--bar" is omitted) # cpulimit -p 1234 -l 50 limits the CPU usage of the process by acting on its PID, as shown by ps(1) # cpulimit -P /usr/bin/foo -l 50 same as -e but uses the absolute path name # /usr/bin/someapp # cpulimit -p $! -l 25 -b Useful for scripts where you want to throttle the last command run. # cpulimit -l 20 firefox Launch Firefox web browser and limit its CPU usage to 20% # cpulimit -c 2 -p 12345 -l 25 The -c flag sets the number of CPU cores the program thinks are available. Usually this is detected for us, but can be over-ridden. NOTES
o cpulimit always sends the SIGSTOP and SIGCONT signals to a process, both to verify that it can control it and to limit the average amount of CPU it consumes. This can result in misleading (annoying) job control messages that indicate that the job has been stopped (when actually it was, but immediately restarted). This can also cause issues with interactive shells that detect or otherwise depend on SIGSTOP/SIGCONT. For example, you may place a job in the foreground, only to see it immediately stopped and restarted in the back- ground. (See also <http://bugs.debian.org/558763>.) o When invoked with the -e or -P options, cpulimit looks for any process under /proc with a name that matches the process name argument given. Furthermore, it uses the first instance of the process found. To control a specific instance of a process, use the -p option and provide a PID. o The current version of cpulimit assumes the kernel HZ value 100. AUTHOR
This manpage was written for the Debian project by gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> but may be used by others. cpulimit June 2012 CPULIMIT(1)