Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Cannot access: No such file or directory Post 302437830 by methyl on Friday 16th of July 2010 07:52:49 AM
Old 07-16-2010
Please post the output from:

Code:
ls -lisa | sed -n l

This should show any funny characters and also display the inode number with the links count. The "$" at the end of each line is normal (it's the line-feed character).
Please don't forget to include all the output (including where ls shows the parent directory and the dot files).
Also we'll need to know your username and group in the context of the above directory listing.

Let's see if a program is holding the inode after another program has deleted the file?
Code:
fuser *

Last edited by methyl; 07-16-2010 at 08:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

failed to access directory thru ftp

Hi all, I am a beginner to unix and ftp too.So i request your valuable comments. Requirement: I want to put a specific file into a server(linux) and under a particular directory path in that server as /caps/details/data/ Problem : I login to that server through the command `ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access an directory with spaces

I am getting an error while trying to access a directory created with spaces in between, i couldn't able to login into that directory could you please suggest me what should i do to access that directory or if i want to rename that directory what should i do. Directory Name: MH PLR 2005... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Restricting FTP access for a particular directory

Dear All, I have created a user called "x" who is allowed only to FTP and it is working fine. Here my problem is, I want to give access to a particular directory say for eg:- /dump/test directory. I don't find any option in the useradd command to restrict access to this particular directory only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

4. Solaris

User with limited access to one directory

is there a way to create a user and limit him to read,write and execute only in one direcotry. the directory is already exsist and it belongs to dba group. i would like to make this user can't even cd to another directory or even if he can he cant do anything in the other directories. if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris auditing (file access logging) for specific directory only.

Hello, We need to log the operations that specific user on Solaris 10 (SPARC) is performing on one directory and it's contents. I was able to configure solaris auditing service (auditd) and it works fine. The only problem is that auditd logs huge amount of unneeded information. We need to log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

about the access permission of users home directory

RHEL5.0 As we know, when root create a new user, a new home directory will be created : /home/user I want to know what determine the access permission of /home/user . Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

7. AIX

openssh chroot facility and directory access

Good day. I currently have a request to have sftp access to a specific directory for a user(s). They can have access to that folder only, and nothing below it. Now here is the gotcha that seems to be catching me. The folder they need access to is NOT owned by root, and most of the parent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smurphy_it
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

cannot access a directory with samba

path = /opt writeable = yes ; browseable = yes # guest ok = no valid users = oracle path = /opt/TEST8000/oracle/apps/apps_st/appl/ffcl/12.0.0/reports/US writeable = yes ; browseable = yes valid users = oracle path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

No access to etc directory

Hi, I'm new to this... but I am unable to see /etc, however I can access it via gknautilus... but as superuser I'm getting told no such file or directory via terminal (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaryW
15 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
check-permissions(1M)					  System Administration Commands				     check-permissions(1M)

NAME
check-permissions - check permissions on mail rerouting files SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/check-permissions [login] DESCRIPTION
The check-permissions script is intended as a migration aid for sendmail(1M). It checks the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file for all configured alias files, and checks the alias files for :include: files. It also checks for certain .forward files. For each file that check-permis- sions checks, it verifies that none of the parent directories are group- or world-writable. If any directories are overly permissive, it is reported. Otherwise it reports that no unsafe directories were found. As to which .forward files are checked, it depends on the arguments included on the command line. If no argument is given, the current user's home directory is checked for the presence of a .forward file. If any arguments are given, they are assumed to be valid logins, and the home directory of each one is checked. If the special argument ALL is given, the passwd entry in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file is checked, and all password entries that can be obtained through the switch file are checked. In large domains, this can be time-consuming. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: login Where login is a valid user name, checks the home directory for login. ALL Checks the home directory of all users. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf Defines environment for sendmail /etc/mail/aliases Ascii mail aliases file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getent(1M), sendmail(1M), aliases(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Nov 2003 check-permissions(1M)