Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cannot stat error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cannot stat error Post 302437548 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 15th of July 2010 10:25:13 AM
Old 07-15-2010
NO. You need a child process for find that the parent waits for:
Code:
for i in $find . -name "*.tif" )

backtics ` ` or the $( ) construct mean the same thing. You just found out why the backtic thing has problems - it is hard to see and easy to mess up. I used the $( ) thing because it is hard to mistake for something else.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort can't stat error.

I am using the command below to sort unique a file and I keep getting this error that sort can't stat. Error: sort: can't stat /xxxx/xxxxx/2005/xxxxxx/out_20050602155231/test.txt: No such file or directory Does anybody have an idea when this error could occur. Thanks, Radhika. if ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot Stat Error

I'm not sure where to post this so I'll try it here. I'm trying to load a software package to my server and I keep getting a cannot stat error. I'll post the error line below along with my configuartaion line. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction. Thanks! This is the error. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homer Allman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stat

the output of stat command is Size: 238 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 80ah/2058d Inode: 736783 Links: 1 Access: (0664/-rw-rw-r--) Uid: ( 500/ gajju) Gid: ( 500/ gajju) Access: 2008-09-08 20:00:15.000000000 +0530 Modify: 2008-09-08... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gajju
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is a "find stat() error"

I'm searching for an oracle emtab file. I do a find / -name emtab -print and the first result gives me find: stat() error /apps/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/bin/console.txt: I/O error Can someone explain what this error means? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to resolve error "INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2"

Hi All, I am getting an error message when I execute command “zlogin -C sunsrv4z5” on my root server. INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 As per my analysis it seems that some files inside /etc folder are deleted. This server was... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: surbhit4u
14 Replies

6. Programming

Error in bits/stat.h

i have a piece of code to be compiled but unfortunately i keep getting the below error /usr/include/bits/stat.h:88: error: field ‘st_atim' has incomplete type /usr/include/bits/stat.h:89: error: field ‘st_mtim' has incomplete type /usr/include/bits/stat.h:90: error: field ‘st_ctim' has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niranjanvg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring mv commands "cannot stat" error ?

So, my third thread here ^^ and still asking questions. Thanks for you patience and help, I really appreciated it ;) I currently use a shell script to move folders of songs from one to another location on my harddrive. I use something like this: sudo mv /var/mobile/Media/"My Music"/"Vasco... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intermittent "cp: cannot stat" error with nested loop

I have a bash script that has been running (on SUSE 9.3) dozens of times over the past couple of years without error. Recently it has been hitting intermittent “cp: cannot stat FILE: No such file or directory” errors. The script has nested loops that continuously process files in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcart
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stat value changes

Die to what all operations, the "Modify" and "Change" values of stat output changes for a file. I found, during editing a file, Change and Modify alters. When chmod'ing Change alters, while Modify doesnot alters. Is there more situations where these changes? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

10. Solaris

/bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory

Hi, I am getting below error in Solaris 10 SPARC when trying to issue a search on /var/tmp partition Below is the query /bin/find /var/tmp/ -type f -atime +1 Below is the result /bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
28 Replies
TIFFSET(1)						      General Commands Manual							TIFFSET(1)

NAME
tiffset - set a field in a TIFF header SYNOPSIS
tiffset [ options ] filename.tif DESCRIPTION
Tiffset sets the value of a TIFF header to a specified value. OPTIONS
-d dirnumber change the current directory (starting at 0). -s tagnumber [ count ] value ... Set the value of the named tag to the value or values specified. -sd diroffset change the current directory by offset. -sf tagnumber filename Set the value of the tag to the contents of filename. This option is supported for ASCII tags only. EXAMPLES
The following example sets the image description tag(270) of a.tif to the contents of the file descrip: tiffset -sf 270 descrip a.tif The following example sets the artist tag(315) of a.tif to the string ``Anonymous'': tiffset -s 315 Anonymous a.tif This example sets the resolution of the file a.tif to 300 dpi: tiffset -s 296 2 a.tif tiffset -s 282 300.0 a.tif tiffset -s 283 300.0 a.tif Set the photometric interpretation of the third page of a.tif to min-is-black (ie. inverts it): tiffset -d 2 -s 262 1 a.tif SEE ALSO
tiffdump(1), tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), libtiff(3TIFF) Libtiff library home page: http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/ libtiff November 21, 2004 TIFFSET(1)