Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vxfs online resizing
Operating Systems Solaris vxfs online resizing Post 302437480 by m_aftab on Thursday 15th of July 2010 07:57:48 AM
Old 07-15-2010
Use vxassist to increase to volume
use fasdm to increase filesystem (mount point)

Regards
Aftab

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vxfs ACL problem

Has anyone had any experience with VXFS and ACL's? For some reason when these two are used together ACL's don't seem to work properly (i.e. sometimes ACL's won't be applied to files in a directory so that when trying to move the directory, the new directory is created but the old directory still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Solaris

veritas vxfs and ufsdump

hi guys, I am studying for the solaris scsa and i want to practice with ufsdump and restores, fssnaps etc... my question is, i finally found a server with a tape drive attached that i can mess arouund with because its not a critical box. its running solaris 8, and i want to do a ufsdump, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

vxfs filesystem full!

Dear all, What should I do with the following error message: vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/root file system full (1 block extent) Thanks for your advises, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hungevntelecom
1 Replies

4. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

vxfs free space?

Hi, How do I determine the free space below? # vxdg -g msb_db_dg free DISK DEVICE TAG OFFSET LENGTH FLAGS msb_db_dg01 sdb sdb 312475648 316571392 n Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies
xfs_freeze(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_freeze(8)

NAME
xfs_freeze - suspend access to an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_freeze -f | -u mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_freeze suspends and resumes access to an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). xfs_freeze halts new access to the filesystem and creates a stable image on disk. xfs_freeze is intended to be used with volume managers and hardware RAID devices that support the creation of snapshots. The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be frozen (see mount(8)). The -f flag requests the specified XFS filesystem to be frozen from new modifications. When this is selected, all ongoing transactions in the filesystem are allowed to complete, new write system calls are halted, other calls which modify the filesystem are halted, and all dirty data, metadata, and log information are written to disk. Any process attempting to write to the frozen filesystem will block waiting for the filesystem to be unfrozen. Note that even after freezing, the on-disk filesystem can contain information on files that are still in the process of unlinking. These files will not be unlinked until the filesystem is unfrozen or a clean mount of the snapshot is complete. The -u flag is used to un-freeze the filesystem and allow operations to continue. Any filesystem modifications that were blocked by the freeze are unblocked and allowed to complete. One of -f or -u must be supplied to xfs_freeze. NOTES
A copy of a frozen XFS filesystem will usually have the same universally unique identifier (UUID) as the original, and thus may be pre- vented from being mounted. The XFS nouuid mount option can be used to circumvent this issue. In Linux kernel version 2.6.29, the interface which XFS uses to freeze and unfreeze was elevated to the VFS, so that this tool can now be used on many other Linux filesystems. SEE ALSO
xfs(5), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_freeze(8)