Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Cannot access: No such file or directory Post 302437322 by mikep9 on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 04:03:06 PM
Old 07-14-2010
Can you do a ls -l on the directory and post the full line of output for the file? Are you logging in as root or doing a sudo when trying to work with the file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

failed to access directory thru ftp

Hi all, I am a beginner to unix and ftp too.So i request your valuable comments. Requirement: I want to put a specific file into a server(linux) and under a particular directory path in that server as /caps/details/data/ Problem : I login to that server through the command `ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access an directory with spaces

I am getting an error while trying to access a directory created with spaces in between, i couldn't able to login into that directory could you please suggest me what should i do to access that directory or if i want to rename that directory what should i do. Directory Name: MH PLR 2005... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Restricting FTP access for a particular directory

Dear All, I have created a user called "x" who is allowed only to FTP and it is working fine. Here my problem is, I want to give access to a particular directory say for eg:- /dump/test directory. I don't find any option in the useradd command to restrict access to this particular directory only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

4. Solaris

User with limited access to one directory

is there a way to create a user and limit him to read,write and execute only in one direcotry. the directory is already exsist and it belongs to dba group. i would like to make this user can't even cd to another directory or even if he can he cant do anything in the other directories. if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris auditing (file access logging) for specific directory only.

Hello, We need to log the operations that specific user on Solaris 10 (SPARC) is performing on one directory and it's contents. I was able to configure solaris auditing service (auditd) and it works fine. The only problem is that auditd logs huge amount of unneeded information. We need to log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

about the access permission of users home directory

RHEL5.0 As we know, when root create a new user, a new home directory will be created : /home/user I want to know what determine the access permission of /home/user . Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

7. AIX

openssh chroot facility and directory access

Good day. I currently have a request to have sftp access to a specific directory for a user(s). They can have access to that folder only, and nothing below it. Now here is the gotcha that seems to be catching me. The folder they need access to is NOT owned by root, and most of the parent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smurphy_it
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

cannot access a directory with samba

path = /opt writeable = yes ; browseable = yes # guest ok = no valid users = oracle path = /opt/TEST8000/oracle/apps/apps_st/appl/ffcl/12.0.0/reports/US writeable = yes ; browseable = yes valid users = oracle path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

No access to etc directory

Hi, I'm new to this... but I am unable to see /etc, however I can access it via gknautilus... but as superuser I'm getting told no such file or directory via terminal (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaryW
15 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
heimdal_debug(5)					      BSD File Formats Manual						  heimdal_debug(5)

NAME
heimdal_debug -- how to turn on/off debugging for Kerberos tools DESCRIPTION
The heimdal_debug kerberos frameworks have several knobs for controlling logging. The different framework knobs are: libkrb The Kerberos library, some gss-api Kerberos output ends up here too kcm the kcm library (credentials cache, ntlm client) kdc the kerberos KDC output digest-service the digest service (ntlm server) CONFIGURATION FILE
[logging] <subsystem> = 0-/SYSLOG: and watch syslog for logging information. APPLE MAC OS X
First turn up syslog debugging sudo syslog -c 0 -d then you can see the syslog output in Console.app or by running syslog -w -k org.h5l.asl To enable more extensive debugging logging for each subsystem, use the following commands: Kerberos Library sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add krb5 '0-/ASL:' digest-server sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add digest-service '0-/ASL:' kcm sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add kcm '0-/ASL:' kdc sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add kdc '0-/ASL:' MIT Kerberos Shim defaults write com.apple.MITKerberosShim EnableDebugging -bool true GSS-API framework logging sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.GSS DebugLevel -int 10 Other options on Mac OS X Make the admin API pretend to the server even on client sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos ForceHeimODServerMode -bool true SEE ALSO
gss(5), kerberos(8) HEIMDAL
Sep 30, 2011 HEIMDAL