Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vxfs online resizing
Operating Systems Solaris vxfs online resizing Post 302436586 by bpsunadm on Monday 12th of July 2010 12:14:21 PM
Old 07-12-2010
its vxvm 5.0 implemented on sol 9

I tried both...

but...

Code:
root@wa1us105 [/]# vxassist -g wa1us105dg maxgrow u008
Volume u008 can be extended by 999424 to: 573521920 (280040Mb)

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Code tags, please...

Last edited by Scott; 07-12-2010 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Code tags

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vxfs ACL problem

Has anyone had any experience with VXFS and ACL's? For some reason when these two are used together ACL's don't seem to work properly (i.e. sometimes ACL's won't be applied to files in a directory so that when trying to move the directory, the new directory is created but the old directory still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Solaris

veritas vxfs and ufsdump

hi guys, I am studying for the solaris scsa and i want to practice with ufsdump and restores, fssnaps etc... my question is, i finally found a server with a tape drive attached that i can mess arouund with because its not a critical box. its running solaris 8, and i want to do a ufsdump, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

vxfs filesystem full!

Dear all, What should I do with the following error message: vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/root file system full (1 block extent) Thanks for your advises, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hungevntelecom
1 Replies

4. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

vxfs free space?

Hi, How do I determine the free space below? # vxdg -g msb_db_dg free DISK DEVICE TAG OFFSET LENGTH FLAGS msb_db_dg01 sdb sdb 312475648 316571392 n Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies
xmonad(1)							   xmonad manual							 xmonad(1)

Name
       xmonad - a tiling window manager

Description
       xmonad  is  a minimalist tiling window manager for X, written in Haskell.  Windows are managed using automatic layout algorithms, which can
       be dynamically reconfigured.  At any time windows are arranged so as to maximize the use of screen real estate.	All features of the window
       manager	are  accessible  purely from the keyboard: a mouse is entirely optional.  xmonad is configured in Haskell, and custom layout algo-
       rithms may be implemented by the user in config files.  A principle of xmonad is predictability: the user should know in advance  precisely
       the window arrangement that will result from any action.

By  default,  xmonad  provides three layout algorithms: tall, wide and fullscreen.  In tall or wide mode, windows are tiled and arranged to
       prevent overlap and maximize screen use.  Sets of windows are grouped together on virtual screens, and each screen retains its own  layout,
       which may be reconfigured dynamically.  Multiple physical monitors are supported via Xinerama, allowing simultaneous display of a number of
       screens.

By utilizing the expressivity of a modern functional language with a rich static type system, xmonad provides a complete, featureful window
       manager	in  less  than	1200 lines of code, with an emphasis on correctness and robustness.  Internal properties of the window manager are
       checked using a combination of static guarantees provided by the type system, and type-based automated testing.	A benefit of this is  that
       the code is simple to understand, and easy to modify.

Usage
       xmonad  places  each  window  into a "workspace".  Each workspace can have any number of windows, which you can cycle though with mod-j and
       mod-k.  Windows are either displayed full screen, tiled horizontally, or tiled vertically.  You can toggle the layout mode with	mod-space,
       which will cycle through the available modes.

You  can switch to workspace N with mod-N.  For example, to switch to workspace 5, you would press mod-5.  Similarly, you can move the cur-
       rent window to another workspace with mod-shift-N.

When running with multiple monitors (Xinerama), each screen has exactly 1 workspace visible.  mod-{w,e,r} switch the focus between screens,
       while  shift-mod-{w,e,r}  move the current window to that screen.  When xmonad starts, workspace 1 is on screen 1, workspace 2 is on screen
       2, etc.	When switching workspaces to one that is already visible, the current and visible workspaces are swapped.

Flags
       xmonad has several flags which you may pass to the executable.  These flags are:

--recompile
	      Recompiles your configuration in ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs

--restart
	      Causes the currently running xmonad process to restart

--replace
	      Replace the current window manager with xmonad

--version
	      Display version of xmonad

--verbose-version
	      Display detailed version of xmonad

Default keyboard bindings
       mod-shift-return
	      Launch terminal

mod-p  Launch dmenu

mod-shift-p
	      Launch gmrun

mod-shift-c
	      Close the focused window

mod-space
	      Rotate through the available layout algorithms

mod-shift-space
	      Reset the layouts on the current workspace to default

mod-n  Resize viewed windows to the correct size

mod-tab
	      Move focus to the next window

mod-shift-tab
	      Move focus to the previous window

mod-j  Move focus to the next window

mod-k  Move focus to the previous window

mod-m  Move focus to the master window

mod-return
	      Swap the focused window and the master window

mod-shift-j
	      Swap the focused window with the next window

mod-shift-k
	      Swap the focused window with the previous window

mod-h  Shrink the master area

mod-l  Expand the master area

mod-t  Push window back into tiling

mod-comma
	      Increment the number of windows in the master area

mod-period
	      Deincrement the number of windows in the master area

mod-b  Toggle the status bar gap

mod-shift-q
	      Quit xmonad

mod-q  Restart xmonad

mod-[1..9]
	      Switch to workspace N

mod-shift-[1..9]
	      Move client to workspace N

mod-{w,e,r}
	      Switch to physical/Xinerama screens 1, 2, or 3

mod-shift-{w,e,r}
	      Move client to screen 1, 2, or 3

mod-button1
	      Set the window to floating mode and move by dragging

mod-button2
	      Raise the window to the top of the stack

mod-button3
	      Set the window to floating mode and resize by dragging

Examples
       To use xmonad as your window manager add to your ~/.xinitrc file:

exec xmonad

Customization
       xmonad is customized in ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs, and then restarting with mod-q.

You can find many extensions to the core feature set in the xmonad- contrib  package,  available  through  your	package  manager  or  from
       xmonad.org (http://xmonad.org).

Modular Configuration
       As  of  xmonad-0.9, any additional Haskell modules may be placed in ~/.xmonad/lib/ are available in GHC's searchpath.  Hierarchical modules
       are supported: for example, the file ~/.xmonad/lib/XMonad/Stack/MyAdditions.hs could contain:

module XMonad.Stack.MyAdditions (function1) where
		  function1 = error "function1: Not implemented yet!"

Your xmonad.hs may then import XMonad.Stack.MyAdditions as if that module was contained within xmonad or xmonad-contrib.

Bugs
       Probably.  If you find any, please report them to the bugtracker (http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/list)

xmonad-0.10							   25 October 09							 xmonad(1)