Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vxfs online resizing
Operating Systems Solaris vxfs online resizing Post 302436557 by bpsunadm on Monday 12th of July 2010 10:33:25 AM
Old 07-12-2010
Incredible,

I decreased the u009 fs with the below command

Code:
root@wa1us105 [/]# /usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxresize -F vxfs -g wa1us105dg u009 -60g -b
VxVM vxassist ERROR V-5-1-325 dm:-b: No disks match specification
VxVM vxresize ERROR V-5-1-4703 Problem running vxassist command for volume u009, in diskgroup wa1us105dg

as per df -k the fs got reduced. but vxassist is not showing the free space in dg..

Code:
root@wa1us105 [/]# vxassist -g wa1us105dg maxsize layout=concat
Maximum volume size: 999424 (488Mb)

Its a production server..needs to be resolved..

Last edited by Scott; 07-12-2010 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vxfs ACL problem

Has anyone had any experience with VXFS and ACL's? For some reason when these two are used together ACL's don't seem to work properly (i.e. sometimes ACL's won't be applied to files in a directory so that when trying to move the directory, the new directory is created but the old directory still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Solaris

veritas vxfs and ufsdump

hi guys, I am studying for the solaris scsa and i want to practice with ufsdump and restores, fssnaps etc... my question is, i finally found a server with a tape drive attached that i can mess arouund with because its not a critical box. its running solaris 8, and i want to do a ufsdump, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

vxfs filesystem full!

Dear all, What should I do with the following error message: vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/root file system full (1 block extent) Thanks for your advises, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hungevntelecom
1 Replies

4. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

vxfs free space?

Hi, How do I determine the free space below? # vxdg -g msb_db_dg free DISK DEVICE TAG OFFSET LENGTH FLAGS msb_db_dg01 sdb sdb 312475648 316571392 n Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies
vxunreloc(1M)															     vxunreloc(1M)

NAME
vxunreloc - move a hot-relocated subdisk back to its original disk SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxunreloc [-f] [-g diskgroup] [-n dm_name] [-t tasktag] dm_name DESCRIPTION
The Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) hot-relocation feature can detect an I/O failure in a subdisk, relocate the subdisk, and recover the plex associated with the subdisk. vxunreloc lets you reverse the process and move the hot-relocated subdisks back onto a disk that was replaced after a disk failure. dm_name specifies the disk where the hot-relocated subdisks originally resided. The -n option moves the subdisks to a different disk from where VxVM originally relocated them. For example, when disk03 fails, all the subdisks residing on it are hot-relocated to other disks. After the disk is repaired, it is added back to the disk group using a different name, for example, disk05. If you wanted to move all the hot-relocated subdisks back to the repaired disk, you would enter: /etc/vx/bin/vxunreloc -n disk05 disk03 When vxunreloc moves the hot-relocated subdisks, it moves them to their original offsets. However, if there was a subdisk that occupied part or all of the area on the destination disk, vxunreloc prints an error message and exits. In this situation, you can use the -f option to unrelocate the subdisks to a specified disk, but not to their original offsets. OPTIONS
-f Unrelocates a subdisk to a different offset if unrelocating to the original offset is not possible. -g diskgroup Unrelocates a subdisk from the specified disk group. If this option is not specified, the default disk group is determined using the rules given in the vxdg(1M) manual page. -n dm_name Specifies a new disk name to relocate to a disk with a different name. -t tasktag Specifies a tag to pass to the underlying utility. SUBDISK RECORD FIELDS
orig_dmname When a subdisk is hot-relocated, its original disk media name is stored in the orig_dmname field. When you run the vxunreloc command to move the subdisk back to the original disk (or to a new disk), this field is cleared. Before you run the vxunreloc command, you can do a search on this field to determine the subdisks that originated from a failed disk. For example, the fol- lowing command lists all the subdisks that were hot-relocated from mydg01 in the disk group mydg. Note that you must prefix the field name with "sd_" for the command to work. vxprint -g mydg -se 'sd_orig_dmname="mydg01"' orig_dmoffset When a subdisk is hot-relocated, its offset into the original disk is stored in the orig_dmoffset field. When you run vxunreloc to move the subdisk to the original disk, or to a new disk, this field is zeroed. The following command lists a hot-relocated subdisk which originally resided at disk10 at offset 1000. Again note that you must prefix the field names with "sd_" for the command to work. vxprint -g dg01 -se 'sd_orig_dmname="disk10" && sd_orig_dmoffset=1000' EXIT CODES
If the operation fails, vxunreloc exits with a non-zero status. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encoun- tered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. SEE ALSO
vxassist(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmake(1M), vxprint(1M), vxrelocd(1M), vxsd(1M), vxsparecheck(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxunreloc(1M)