Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vxfs online resizing
Operating Systems Solaris vxfs online resizing Post 302436547 by incredible on Monday 12th of July 2010 10:11:32 AM
Old 07-12-2010
Reducing the size of a file system will fail if there are file system resources currently in use within the sectors to be removed from the file system. In this case, a reorganization may help free those busy resources and allow a subsequent reduction in the size of the file system.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vxfs ACL problem

Has anyone had any experience with VXFS and ACL's? For some reason when these two are used together ACL's don't seem to work properly (i.e. sometimes ACL's won't be applied to files in a directory so that when trying to move the directory, the new directory is created but the old directory still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Solaris

veritas vxfs and ufsdump

hi guys, I am studying for the solaris scsa and i want to practice with ufsdump and restores, fssnaps etc... my question is, i finally found a server with a tape drive attached that i can mess arouund with because its not a critical box. its running solaris 8, and i want to do a ufsdump, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

vxfs filesystem full!

Dear all, What should I do with the following error message: vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/root file system full (1 block extent) Thanks for your advises, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hungevntelecom
1 Replies

4. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

vxfs free space?

Hi, How do I determine the free space below? # vxdg -g msb_db_dg free DISK DEVICE TAG OFFSET LENGTH FLAGS msb_db_dg01 sdb sdb 312475648 316571392 n Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies
ddi_dma_free(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					  ddi_dma_free(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_free - release system DMA resources SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_free(ddi_dma_handle_t handle); INTERFACE LEVEL
This interface is obsolete. ddi_dma_free_handle(9F) should be used instead. PARAMETERS
handle The handle filled in by a call to ddi_dma_setup(9F). DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_free() releases system DMA resources set up by ddi_dma_setup(9F). When a DMA transfer completes, the driver should free up system DMA resources established by a call to ddi_dma_setup(9F). This is done by a call to ddi_dma_free(). ddi_dma_free() does an implicit ddi_dma_sync(9F) for you so any further synchronization steps are not necessary. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_free() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully released resources DDI_FAILURE Failed to free resources CONTEXT
ddi_dma_free() can be called from user or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ddi_dma_addr_setup(9F), ddi_dma_buf_setup(9F), ddi_dma_free_handle(9F), ddi_dma_htoc(9F), ddi_dma_sync(9F), ddi_dma_req(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 27 Sep 2002 ddi_dma_free(9F)