Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vxfs online resizing
Operating Systems Solaris vxfs online resizing Post 302436539 by bpsunadm on Monday 12th of July 2010 09:47:00 AM
Old 07-12-2010
vxfs online resizing

Hi,

I have two filesystems called /u009 and /u008. I need to release 60gb from /u009 and add it to /u008 fs through fsadm command..

these are vxfs filesystem..its urgent..

thanx in advance

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vxfs ACL problem

Has anyone had any experience with VXFS and ACL's? For some reason when these two are used together ACL's don't seem to work properly (i.e. sometimes ACL's won't be applied to files in a directory so that when trying to move the directory, the new directory is created but the old directory still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Solaris

veritas vxfs and ufsdump

hi guys, I am studying for the solaris scsa and i want to practice with ufsdump and restores, fssnaps etc... my question is, i finally found a server with a tape drive attached that i can mess arouund with because its not a critical box. its running solaris 8, and i want to do a ufsdump, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

vxfs filesystem full!

Dear all, What should I do with the following error message: vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/root file system full (1 block extent) Thanks for your advises, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hungevntelecom
1 Replies

4. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

vxfs free space?

Hi, How do I determine the free space below? # vxdg -g msb_db_dg free DISK DEVICE TAG OFFSET LENGTH FLAGS msb_db_dg01 sdb sdb 312475648 316571392 n Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies
fsadm(1M)																 fsadm(1M)

NAME
fsadm - a file system administration command SYNOPSIS
FStype] specific_options] special DESCRIPTION
The command is designed to perform selected administration tasks on file systems. These tasks may differ between file system types. spe- cial is a device file containing an unmounted file system. However, if the file system is of the type that provides online administration capabilities the special could be a directory. directory must be the root of a mounted file system. Only a superuser can invoke Options Specify the file system type on which to operate (see fstyp(1M) and fs_wrapper(5)). If this option is not included on the command line, then the file system type is determined from the file by matching each special with an entry in that file. If there is no entry in then the file system type is determined from the file Specify options specific to each file system type. specific_options is a list of comma separated suboptions and/or keyword/attribute pairs intended for a specific FStype-spe- cific module of the command. See the file system specific manual entries for a description of the specific_options sup- ported, if any. Echo the completed command line, but perform no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other informa- tion derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. EXAMPLES
Convert an file system from a file system to a file system: Display relevant file system statistics: FILES
Static information about the systems SEE ALSO
fsadm_hfs(1M), fsadm_vxfs(1M), fsck(1M), fstab(4), fs_wrapper(5). fsadm(1M)