Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How detect TCP/IP socket shutdown when ethernet cable is disconnected Post 302436145 by jim mcnamara on Friday 9th of July 2010 09:53:47 AM
Old 07-09-2010
ping uses icmp, port 5813 (as I remember)

It is far easier simply to call popen() with a ping command ( [code]/usr/bin/ping [remote address] [code]), read the return code, than to try to rewrite ping.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Monitor displays Cable disconnected

Hi all This is my first post in this forums. I hope some one can help me with this my Sun Ultra 60 worked fine couple of months back when i used a dell (1280x1024). i move to a MN last month n bought a new sony monitor with (1280x1024) but when i connect it to the box it monitor displays... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venuavula
1 Replies

2. Programming

can-not detect TCP disconnects well

Hello everyone. Thanks for reading. I am using Ubuntu 7.04 to experience this problem: I have written my own programs that communicate to eachother and I am having a hard time detecting a TCP socket disconnect when the remote side's computer has a power-failure (for example). On the computer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjwhite
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

[RHEL4.5] server shutdown when I unplug the ethernet cable

hi.. I unplug my eth0 lan cable.. and suddenly my system shutdown... no idea :eek::confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to handle unplugging ethernet cable in socket programming

Hi, I am trying to implement a server-client socket communication. My server and clients are in different PCs. During communications if the ethernet cable is removed from the server side it shows broken pipe due to unable to write on the socket. I want to know how to check whether the ethernet... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JagadishB
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Two Servers via ethernet crossover cable

Hi, I'm trying to communicate two servers (HP DLProliant 380 G5) via a crossover cable, but I don't get them to ping each other. I am working in RHEL 4. These are the steps I've performed: 1) Plugged the crossover cables in eth2. (note: The cable is brand new. Also I built one myself... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrodriguez365
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client)?

how to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
0 Replies

7. AIX

How to detect the network cable status with c programming on AIX

Hello, Is there any API or any other approach to detect whether the network cable is connected to the network adapter, say, en0, en1 or en2? The OS is AIX6.1. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephyrbj
4 Replies

8. Programming

[C++] [Unix] TCP non-blocking. Detect server disconnection procedure over, from client.

Hello! I searched forum for similar topic, with no luck, if you know one, delete this topic, and send me private message with link please. Little background: I have a lot of clients and one serwer. Client can make multiple connections on different ports and ips, but only one can be acctive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikeban
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Packets sent from Linux TCP socket

Hello, Our software is using a TCP socket (AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM) to communicate with an Ethernet device. When we send a message, the message object writes itself in full onto the socket's stream buffer before the software invokes send() from socket.h. I'm still researching, but have 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bix_20002000
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Detect Socket timeout in tcpdump capture

Hello, I detect these errors in my logs : Socket timeout calling url http://server:port/bla/soap/selfcare/infoRapide] Unable to make proxyRequest I've made a tcpdump capture this way : tcpdump -i eth0 -s 0 -w /app/captura.pcap port 8080 But I'm fairly new in reading .pcap files with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
0 Replies
LIEBERT(8)							    NUT Manual								LIEBERT(8)

NAME
liebert - Driver for Liebert contact-closure UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the liebert driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
This driver supports some Liebert UPS equipment with a contact-closure interface. This includes the UPStation GXT2 with their contact-closure cable. The smart mode ("Multilink") cable is not supported by this driver. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver does not support any extra settings in the ups.conf(5). BUGS
This driver does not yet support shutdowns by raising DTR. Be aware that shutdowns are not possible with the stock contact-closure cable. You may have to build another cable with DTR connected through to the UPS for it to work. There is no way for this driver to detect the hardware or cable. It will start up successfully even if no UPS is present. This is a fundamental limitation of any contact-closure driver. SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 LIEBERT(8)