Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX module has an invalid magic number Post 302435924 by edgarvm on Thursday 8th of July 2010 02:07:51 PM
Old 07-08-2010
module has an invalid magic number

Hello everybody:

I have a trouble running an application which connects to an Oracle server, I got this message:

Code:
Dependent module /opt/oracle/product/10.2/lib/libclntsh.so could not be loaded.
The module has an invalid magic number.

Running ldd MyApp doesn't report missing symbols, I've tried to fix this by changing the LIBRARY_PATH AND LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/oracle/product/10.2/lib32 but the same error persists, even by changing the LIBPATH to lib32, the program tries to load the lib/libclntsh.so.

How can I fix this error? any advice would be appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1

Anyone: I have a very annoying problem on one of our servers (running Solaris 8). when ever I try to run "xhost +" with the display set at "localhost:0.0" I get the following error: xhost + Xlib: connection to "finappprod:0.0" refused by server Xlib: Invalid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: errolg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bad magic number

Hi, when installing a piece of third part software I get the error "Bad magic number" at one point when it tries to use libraries from the bea tuxedo server. Am I correct that this means that the software is expecting 32bit while I'm on 64bit? Is there a way around it or can it only be solved... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell magic number with a -

In one of our internal scripts (unix.run), I have noticed that the following shebang. #!/bin/sh - for i in test1 test2 test3 ; do . . . Any idea what the - in the magic number stands for ? And what impact does it have on the script ? Continuing on the same script, I have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Bad Magic Number

Dear All, i have a SCSI hard disk drive i'm installing on it solaris 5 and the workstation is sun sparc, i made an image of this H.D using Norton Ghost 6, so i took off the SCSI H.D from the sun workstation and put it on a Compaq server then i booted the server from the Norton Ghost floppy disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesweshahaha
0 Replies

5. Solaris

wrong magic number

/pci@if,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/dad@0,0 corrupt label wrong magic number can u plz suggustion me (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8.2 Bad magic number

I'll keep it fairly straight forward. I work with a Solaris server and magically today it decided to take a dump on me. At first it give a long list of files that couldn't be acessed before terminating the boot process and returning to the 'ok' prompt. Booting in single-user mode allowed me to run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aon
4 Replies

7. Web Development

Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server config

I have Apache v2.0.63 on Solaris 10 (x86 on VM). While starting the apache server, facing the following exception - Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration Googling says to add the entry LoadModule authz_host_module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod: Invalid module format error

I have open suse kernel kernel 3.1.0-1.2-desktop on which I used kernel source 3.1.10-1.2 downloaded from kernel.org. The module gets built. While loading a kernel module I am getting Invalid module format error with description "first_driver: no symbol version for module_layout" The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Magic number error

hi . my " /usr " was full ,so i went into the failsafe mode in solaris 10 and used format utilily to adjust space for it and labeled it. But after that whenever i try to boot solaris normally ,it is giving "magic number error" I tried fsck -o b=32 /dev/dsk/c0d0s6 (for /usr) newfs -N... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushardul
6 Replies
CPANPLUS::inc(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					CPANPLUS::inc(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::inc DESCRIPTION
OBSOLETE NAME
CPANPLUS::inc - runtime inclusion of privately bundled modules SYNOPSIS
### set up CPANPLUS::inc to do it's thing ### BEGIN { use CPANPLUS::inc }; ### enable debugging ### use CPANPLUS::inc qw[DEBUG]; DESCRIPTION
This module enables the use of the bundled modules in the "CPANPLUS/inc" directory of this package. These modules are bundled to make sure "CPANPLUS" is able to bootstrap itself. It will do the following things: Put a coderef at the beginning of @INC This allows us to decide which module to load, and where to find it. For details on what we do, see the "INTERESTING MODULES" section below. Also see the "CAVEATS" section. Add the full path to the "CPANPLUS/inc" directory to "$ENV{PERL5LIB". This allows us to find our bundled modules even if we spawn off a new process. Although it's not able to do the selective loading as the coderef in @INC could, it's a good fallback. METHODS
CPANPLUS::inc->inc_path() Returns the full path to the "CPANPLUS/inc" directory. CPANPLUS::inc->my_path() Returns the full path to be added to @INC to load "CPANPLUS::inc" from. CPANPLUS::inc->installer_path() Returns the full path to the "CPANPLUS/inc/installers" directory. CPANPLUS::inc->original_perl5lib Returns the value of $ENV{PERL5LIB} the way it was when "CPANPLUS::inc" got loaded. CPANPLUS::inc->original_perl5opt Returns the value of $ENV{PERL5OPT} the way it was when "CPANPLUS::inc" got loaded. CPANPLUS::inc->original_inc Returns the value of @INC the way it was when "CPANPLUS::inc" got loaded. CPANPLUS::inc->limited_perl5opt(@modules); Returns a string you can assign to $ENV{PERL5OPT} to have a limited include facility from "CPANPLUS::inc". It will roughly look like: -I/path/to/cpanplus/inc -MCPANPLUS::inc=module1,module2 CPANPLUS::inc->interesting_modules() Returns a hashref with modules we're interested in, and the minimum version we need to find. It would looks something like this: { File::Fetch => 0.06, IPC::Cmd => 0.22, .... } INTERESTING MODULES
"CPANPLUS::inc" doesn't even bother to try find and find a module it's not interested in. A list of interesting modules can be obtained using the "interesting_modules" method described above. Note that all subclassed modules of an "interesting module" will also be attempted to be loaded, but a version will not be checked. When it however does encounter a module it is interested in, it will do the following things: Loop over your @INC And for every directory it finds there (skipping all non directories -- see the "CAVEATS" section), see if the module requested can be found there. Check the version on every suitable module found in @INC After a list of modules has been gathered, the version of each of them is checked to find the one with the highest version, and return that as the module to "use". This enables us to use a recent enough version from our own bundled modules, but also to use a newer module found in your path instead, if it is present. Thus having access to bugfixed versions as they are released. If for some reason no satisfactory version could be found, a warning will be emitted. See the "DEBUG" section for more details on how to find out exactly what "CPANPLUS::inc" is doing. DEBUG
Since this module does "Clever Things" to your search path, it might be nice sometimes to figure out what it's doing, if things don't work as expected. You can enable a debug trace by calling the module like this: use CPANPLUS::inc 'DEBUG'; This will show you what "CPANPLUS::inc" is doing, which might look something like this: CPANPLUS::inc: Found match for 'Params::Check' in '/opt/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3' with version '0.07' CPANPLUS::inc: Found match for 'Params::Check' in '/my/private/lib/CPANPLUS/inc' with version '0.21' CPANPLUS::inc: Best match for 'Params::Check' is found in '/my/private/lib/CPANPLUS/inc' with version '0.21' CAVEATS
This module has 2 major caveats, that could lead to unexpected behaviour. But currently I don't know how to fix them, Suggestions are much welcomed. On multiple "use lib" calls, our coderef may not be the first in @INC If this happens, although unlikely in most situations and not happening when calling the shell directly, this could mean that a lower (too low) versioned module is loaded, which might cause failures in the application. Non-directories in @INC Non-directories are right now skipped by CPANPLUS::inc. They could of course lead us to newer versions of a module, but it's too tricky to verify if they would. Therefor they are skipped. In the worst case scenario we'll find the sufficing version bundled with CPANPLUS. perl v5.10.0 2007-12-18 CPANPLUS::inc(3pm)