Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Secure a KSH script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Secure a KSH script Post 302432958 by zaxxon on Monday 28th of June 2010 05:27:03 AM
Old 06-28-2010
Then either your trap was wrong or wrong placed.
Place it as 1st line after the shebang:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

trap 'echo "No way!"' 1 2 15

or whatever signals you want to trap.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to secure my script from Ctrl-C

Hi all I am looking for a way to ensure that once a user is logged in and running a script, he cannot break out of it. Thanks J (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

f-secure sftp in shell script

Hi, I am trying to use sftp in a ksh - Shell script, but not even a simple script like this returns not output: sftp username@remotehost <<END ls END If I do something like this: sftp username@remotehost <<END | tee logfile ls END I get this error message: Warning: tcgetattr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: friand
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh autocomplete; f-secure/ssh character mapping

I'm coming from a c-shell environment where I was spoiled with the tab completion on the command line, only to find that using korn-shell I don't have this capability. The only thing I can find by googling is to use 'set filec' - but that doesn't work (and I think is only for c-shell anyway). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uacheesehead
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a ksh script from another ksh script

Hi, I'm new to unix scripting.How can i call a script from another script. I have a.ksh and b.ksh .I have to call b.ksh from a.ksh after it is successfully exceuted. I tried using #!/bin/ksh -x in a.ksh and at the end i have used /path/b.ksh My problem is it is executing only a.ksh.it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing a ksh script within a ksh script

I normally trace a script with the ksh -x <script name> and redirect strderr to file. But if you have a script like the examble below...... vi hairy bear=`grep bear animals` if then ksh more_animals fi If I ksh -x hairy it won't trace "more_animals" unless I put a -x in it. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script - Mail Secure.log

I'm putting together a fairly simple script, to check "secure.log" for content and email the results in a cron, nightly. The script runs fine upon manual execution, it's a problem when ran in cron. This is on a Mac server. Any thoughts? #!bin/bash #Email secure.log, nightly. Subject="Secure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a script secure to code injection

Heyas I've been told my scipts would be insecure, and to fix that. Figured i might rethink some parts of my coding style, meanwhile i tried to write an additional catcher. After reading: fail : Security Issues - didnt help too much, infact - it confused me even more. n/a:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
8 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD