Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting text between two strings Post 302432807 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 27th of June 2010 04:36:52 AM
Old 06-27-2010
Code:
sed -n '/Anna/,/would/p' inputfile > outputfile

prints the whole line that contains "Anna" upto and including any next line that contains "would"

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 06-27-2010 at 05:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting strings

Hi, How do I extract the bytes size string from the ls -l command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extracting strings from a file

I want to collect the characters from 1-10 and 20-30 from each line of the file and take them in a file in the following format.Can someone help me with this : string1,string2 string1,string2 string1,string2 : : : : (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmsdelhi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the lines between 2 strings of a file

Hi, I have a sql file and i need to extract the table names used in the sql file using a unix script. If i can extract the lines between the keywords 'FROM' and 'WHERE' in the file, my job is done. can somebody tell me how to do this using a shell script. If u can just let me know, how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babloo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a set of strings from a text file

i have textfiles that contain a series of lines that look like this: string0 .................................................... column3a column4a string1**384y0439 ..................................... column3b column4b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting numbers from strings

Hello all, I am being dumb with this and I know there is a simple solution. I have a file with the follwing lines bc stuff (more)...............123 bc stuffagain (moretoo)............0 bc stuffyetagain (morehere)......34 failed L3 thing..............1 failed this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two strings, first instance only

There are a lot of ways to extract text from between two strings, but what if those strings occur multiple times and you only want the text from the first two strings? I can't seem to find anything to work here. I'm using sed to process the text after it's extracted, so I prefer a sed answer, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fubaya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two constant strings

Hi All, I have a file whose common patter is like this: .I 1 .U 87049087 .S Some text here too .M This is a text .T Some another text here .P Name of the book .W Some lines of more text. This text needs to be extracted. .A more text goes here too .I 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two strings, multiple instances

Hi experts, Ive got a text file which has the following text which will occur in this format at least one time: +=========================>> Some stuff that evreryone should knnow other stufsjdokajkajokajda aijhjajcdjajcisajcqsqdqwdqad <<=========================+ It is likely that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin0852
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting 22-character strings from text using sed/awk?

Here is my task, I feel sure this can be accomplished with see/awk but can't seem to figure out how. I have large flat file from which I need to extract every case of a pairing of characters (GG) in this case PLUS the previous 20 characters. The output should be a list (which I plan to make... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extracting strings at various positions of text file

Hi Team - I hope everyone has been well! I export a file from one of our source systems that gives me more information than I need. The way the file outputs, I need to extract certain strings at different positions on the file and echo them to another file. I can do this in batch easily,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)