Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to send email using "mail" to google or yahoo Post 302432459 by coolatt on Friday 25th of June 2010 04:44:28 AM
Old 06-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_programmer
you can use the regular mailx command to do that:

Code:
echo "test message" | mailx -s "Test subject" xyz@gmail.com

In some corporate systems, the unix smtp server is configured to not allow emails outside the company domain. Adding a return email address using the -r flag usually fixes that:

Code:
echo "test message" | mailx -r you@yourcompany.com -s "Test subject" xyz@gmail.com

thanks.
works great without the -r option.
i can send to gmail.

now,how do i send to an internal mail server that uses ssl for smtp ??

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use "mail" to attach a file with an email?

echo "content" | mail email@address -s subject Where to attach a file with the email? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

"Unable to send a mail"

hi,, i am trying to excexute one simple script. what it suppose to do is, just send a mail to the mentioned mail id. here is my code.. mutt -s "Test mail" my mail id < /dev/null its giving " : No such file or directory null " error. i have checked in the /dev directory, there null... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakatj56
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an email if "No such file or directory" in the shell script program log in EBS concur

Hi All, I have the below code(.sh) and need to send an email. #!/bin/bash cp /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat /u02/xxc_archive_incoming/AMER7764_ARPP_2/ cat /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat > /u02/xxc_incoming/XXC_TEST.dat rm /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat cd $XXC_TOP/bin sqlldr userid=apps/<pwd> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mist123
12 Replies
pygm2n(1)						    Python Gateway mail to news 						 pygm2n(1)

NAME
pygm2n - Python Gateway mail to news SYNOPSIS
pygm2n -n newsgroups [ -s newsserver ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
IMPORTANT: this man page is to be continued. The Whole pyg gateway is in devel. state. try -h option for more detailed option. pygm2n reads from stdin an email, sending it to newsgroups, a comma separated list without spaces of newsgroup names (at least one), rfc799 compliant. If pygm2n reads from stdin a sigle line starting with /, it is considered an absolute path to a single-email mailbox, so pygm2n will open and read it. Note that now pyg can't read a real mailbox, with many emails. If you give it in input, pyg will post the whole mailbox as a single email. EXAMPLES
There is some documetation in /urs/share/doc/pyg I created mailgate user (moderator of local.moderated ng). Subscribe to a list with this user (or simply email one message to). Every email posted to this user will send to newsgroups, in its .procmailrc I've put something like: :0 bh * ^From *mailinglist-request@lists.debian.org | $HOME/pygm2n -n local.debian.mailinglist AUTHORS
Cosimo Alfarano <alfarano@students.cs.unibo.it> BUGS
Boh. send any bug, advice or opinion to the author, please. Sun Sep 12 18:10:00 CEST 2000 pygm2n(1)