Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to send email using "mail" to google or yahoo Post 302432377 by coolatt on Friday 25th of June 2010 01:00:45 AM
Old 06-25-2010
how to send email using "mail" to google or yahoo

hi all,

i need to email the output of a command to a google or yahoo account.
am using debian lenny 5.
can someone please help me on this ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use "mail" to attach a file with an email?

echo "content" | mail email@address -s subject Where to attach a file with the email? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

"Unable to send a mail"

hi,, i am trying to excexute one simple script. what it suppose to do is, just send a mail to the mentioned mail id. here is my code.. mutt -s "Test mail" my mail id < /dev/null its giving " : No such file or directory null " error. i have checked in the /dev directory, there null... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakatj56
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an email if "No such file or directory" in the shell script program log in EBS concur

Hi All, I have the below code(.sh) and need to send an email. #!/bin/bash cp /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat /u02/xxc_archive_incoming/AMER7764_ARPP_2/ cat /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat > /u02/xxc_incoming/XXC_TEST.dat rm /u02/xxc_incoming/TEST*.dat cd $XXC_TOP/bin sqlldr userid=apps/<pwd> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mist123
12 Replies
Config::Model::models::Debian::Dpkg::Meta(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    Config::Model::models::Debian::Dpkg::Meta(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::models::Debian::Dpkg::Meta - Configuration class Debian::Dpkg::Meta VERSION
version 2.021 DESCRIPTION
Configuration classes used by Config::Model This class contains parameters to tune the behavior of the Dpkg model. For instance, user can specify rules to update e-mail addresses. Elements email Optional. Type uniline. email-updates - email update hash Specify old email as key. The value is the new e-mail address that will be substituted. Optional. Type hash of uniline. dependency-filter Specifies the dependency filter to be used. The release specified mentions the most recent release to be filtered out. Older release will also be filtered. For instance, if the dependency filter is 'lenny', all 'lenny' and 'etch' dependencies are filtered out.Optional. Type enum. choice: 'etch', 'lenny', 'squeeze', 'wheezy'. group-dependency-filter Dependency filter tuned by Maintainer field. Use this to override the main dependency-filter value.Optional. Type hash of enum. package-dependency-filter Dependency filter tuned by package. Use this to override the main dependency-filter value.Optional. Type hash of enum. SEE ALSO
o cme AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont COPYRIGHT
2010,2011 Dominique Dumont LICENSE
LGPL2 perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::models::Debian::Dpkg::Meta(3pm)