Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing HPVM log file location and a sample Post 302432203 by thegeek on Thursday 24th of June 2010 07:43:48 AM
Old 06-24-2010
Following three are the important log files and its path in HPVM.
  • /var/opt/hpvm/common/command.log
  • /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log
  • /var/opt/hpvm/common/hpvm_mon_log

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Location of log file

This below one find the table name in the log.I want location of log file.Please any help > find / -type f -name "*.log" -exec grep -i 'sct' {} 2>/dev/null \; . . importing table "sct" . . exporting table sct . . importing table "sct" . . exporting table sct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate sample records from a file

i have a file having 30 million records.i want to generate a file having say 5% of total records in another file. the records in the new file shud be randomly generated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nishithinfy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one string from one location to another location in a file

Hi Everyone, I have 1.txt here a b c' funny"yes"; d e The finally output is: here a b c d e' funny"yes"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created in a different location instead of desired location on using crontab

Hi, I am logging to a linux server through a user "user1" in /home directory. There is a script in a directory in 'root' for which all permissions are available including the directory. This script when executed creates a file in the directory. When the script is added to crontab, on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a file from one location to another location?

I have file file1.txt in location 'loc1'. Now i want a copy of this file in location 'loc2' with a new file called test.txt. Please help me how to do this in shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a larger .xml file from a template(sample file)

Dear All, I have a template xml file like below. ....Some---Header....... <SignalPreference> ... <SignalName>STRING</SignalName> ... </SignalPreference> ......Some formatting text....... <SignalPreference> ......... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

DSF error when trying to add dvdrom to my HPVM

Ignore. (is it impossible to delete your own thread?) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

HPVM restart procedure

Hi All , Here we have 1 physical machine followed by 5 guest machine under HPVM. Version HPVM -- B.04.20 -- Integrity VM HPVM The main role of the base machine is to serve all the guest machine . What is the best procedure to restart all the host and guest ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marunmeera
0 Replies
ppu(5)								File Formats Manual							    ppu(5)

NAME
ppu - Pay per use software for HP-UX DESCRIPTION
Pay per use (PPU) is a program under which customers pay only for computing capacity that they use. The PPU software provides services for metering resource utilization on supported HP systems. Depending on the type of contract a PPU system is under, utilization can be either of the actual percentage utilization of each core, or a count of the number of active cores in the system. The PPU software communicates with a utility meter to report utilization data. The utility meter in turn transmits the utilization data to HP for proper billing. PPU systems must be configured to use a utility meter. Utility meter configuration is accomplished using the command (see ppuconfig(1M)). The data that is sent to HP is aggregated and sent to billing; it is also posted on the Utility Pricing Solutions portal for viewing at http://www.hp.com/go/payperuse. PPU can be run in an HP Integrity Virtual Machines environment (HPVM). In this case, the usage information for billing purposes is still the overall usage for the VM Host. However, you can examine the usage report at the portal to see a detailed breakdown of the usage for each virtual machine (also called a "guest"). In an HPVM environment, PPU needs to be installed and configured only on the VM Host, not on the guests. The command will report an error if invoked on a VM guest. For more information see the Pay per use User's Guide located at /usr/share/doc/PayPerUseUserGuide.pdf. SEE ALSO
ppud(1M), ppuconfig(1M) ppu(5)