Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing HPVM log file location and a sample Post 302432203 by thegeek on Thursday 24th of June 2010 07:43:48 AM
Old 06-24-2010
Following three are the important log files and its path in HPVM.
  • /var/opt/hpvm/common/command.log
  • /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log
  • /var/opt/hpvm/common/hpvm_mon_log

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Location of log file

This below one find the table name in the log.I want location of log file.Please any help > find / -type f -name "*.log" -exec grep -i 'sct' {} 2>/dev/null \; . . importing table "sct" . . exporting table sct . . importing table "sct" . . exporting table sct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate sample records from a file

i have a file having 30 million records.i want to generate a file having say 5% of total records in another file. the records in the new file shud be randomly generated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nishithinfy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one string from one location to another location in a file

Hi Everyone, I have 1.txt here a b c' funny"yes"; d e The finally output is: here a b c d e' funny"yes"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created in a different location instead of desired location on using crontab

Hi, I am logging to a linux server through a user "user1" in /home directory. There is a script in a directory in 'root' for which all permissions are available including the directory. This script when executed creates a file in the directory. When the script is added to crontab, on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a file from one location to another location?

I have file file1.txt in location 'loc1'. Now i want a copy of this file in location 'loc2' with a new file called test.txt. Please help me how to do this in shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a larger .xml file from a template(sample file)

Dear All, I have a template xml file like below. ....Some---Header....... <SignalPreference> ... <SignalName>STRING</SignalName> ... </SignalPreference> ......Some formatting text....... <SignalPreference> ......... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

DSF error when trying to add dvdrom to my HPVM

Ignore. (is it impossible to delete your own thread?) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

HPVM restart procedure

Hi All , Here we have 1 physical machine followed by 5 guest machine under HPVM. Version HPVM -- B.04.20 -- Integrity VM HPVM The main role of the base machine is to serve all the guest machine . What is the best procedure to restart all the host and guest ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marunmeera
0 Replies
strclean(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       strclean(8)

NAME
strclean - Removes outdated STREAMS error log files SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/strclean [-d logdir] [-a age] FLAGS
Specifies a maximum age in days for the STREAMS error log files if this not the default age of 3. The value of age must be an integer greater than or less than 3. Specifies a directory for the location of the STREAMS error log files to be removed if this is not the default directory /var/adm/streams. DESCRIPTION
The strclean command cleans the STREAMS error logger directory of log files (error.mm-dd) that contain error messages sent by the STREAMS log driver (strlog). If no other directory is specified (the logdir argument), the command removes error log files in the /var/adm/streams directory. If no other age is specified (the age argument), the command removes error log files that have not been modified in 3 days. The strclean command is executed by the cron daemon on a periodic basis. EXAMPLES
To remove the day-old error log files from a directory called /tmp/streams, enter: strclean -d /tmp/streams -a 1 FILES
One or more error log file or files on which strclean operates. The mm.dd in the filename indicates the month and day of the messages con- tained in the file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: strerr(8), cron(8). Interfaces: strlog(7). delim off strclean(8)