Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers i am new to unix so what is keon and non-keon servers Post 302430121 by Corona688 on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 04:04:05 PM
Old 06-16-2010
Kernel virtual machines and KVM switches are unrelated. A KVM switch is a piece of hardware letting you use the same keyboard, monitor, and mouse with several physical computers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Bouncing Unix Servers

Hi there, I was wondering if any of you good people out there could answer these question: A - why Unix servers are bounced once a in while in commercial environments? B - in what circumestances Unix Server are bouced? Many thanks for your time. Kind regards MH (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhossien
17 Replies

2. Solaris

Reboot of Unix servers - recommended?

Hello, Please can anyone tell me - is it true that you should not re-boot Unix Sun Solaris servers on a regular basis, but onyl do it when really required? We want to schedule a reboot on a daily basis, to clear any rogue processes, but have been told this is not a good idea. Can anyone... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly013
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search Files In Unix Servers

hi all! I am VB developer and i am trying to automate a process in UNIX for which i request your help. I want to learn the technique by which we can write batch process in unix server to search for a list of files and to note down files that are missing from the list in the form of a log so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varsai123
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Microsoft servers Vs. Unix/Linux

What you have to say about the following comparison: Compare (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

re-associating 2 HP UNIX servers

Hello, i am new to both this forum and UNIX as well; i am working at a local cancer center trying to reassociate 2 UNIX server systems that i am unfamiliar with; Both C3600 workstations were associated, however they were disassociated and need to be reassociated so programs can be accessed on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RarisRSX
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MOnitoring Software for Unix servers

Guys, I need a monitoring software for my Unix servers. Over the last couple of years, the number has increased to well over 40 servers. All have different applications running on them and it is impossible to go to everyone of them and do checks. I was using Spotlight on Unix. I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jair
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find a non-keon server

hi, how to find whether we are working in keon or non-keon server in unix thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP between two UNIX servers

Hi I have server A and server B. On server B the directory is called /tmp/hmp On server A I want to get the files on server B:/tmp/hmp via FTP. After I have got the files via FTP I have to delete them. In the script below I'm affraid of that I delete files before I get them by ftp. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hpedersen4
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix servers

hi, anyone please explain ab the unix servers thanks in advance Satya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing directories on different unix servers

Is it possible to use the diff command to compare two directories on different Unix (AIX) servers? We have two regions set up and we want to be able to compare if the scripts directory in both regions contain the same files? I want to figure out if its possible.. Have been messing around by... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
10 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)