Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls -l displays size in KB, MB, GB? Post 302424442 by methyl on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 08:25:41 AM
Old 05-25-2010
There is no "-h" option in unix "ls". Some Linux variants have it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Displays

I have a TV and a monitor hooked up to my box. Right now the system is displaying all the information on the TV instead of the monitor, obviously I want to switch this, as the TV is very impracticle for everything other than watching movies. I thought I remembered a command I used to use that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Dual Displays HP-UX 10.20

Hello All! Where I work we have C3600's that have a video cards that have both DVI and Regular RBG type monitor ports on them. My question is: is it possible to spread my desktop across two monitors that are plugged into the one card much like you can do with NVIDIA software like NVIEW for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giftedone
0 Replies

3. Linux

Hostname displays incorrectly

hiii, in many of the linux machines i have tried this but the result is the same everywhere. if there are double letters in a hostname then that is displayed as single letter. e.g. if hostname is set to nepttune then login into the shell will display : NEPTUNE(admin)@/ $ hostname... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
15 Replies

4. AIX

who -r displays no output

Hello. I have an AIX machine at 6100-00. We had some strange activity since filling up /tmp. One symptom is that who -r displays no output. It doesn't hang just no output is displayed. We are going to boot the machine, but prior to that I'd like to dig a bit to see what may be causing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maficdan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Raidz displays incorrect size

So I just tried what somebody here suggested and set up my backupserver with a zraid2 over 16 disks (4x4 groups) zpool create tank raidz2 c7t0d0 c7t1d0 and so on. zpool list showed a correct info about 5,4T in size (I did not use all disks), but when I did a df -h, it showed me only half the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk displays file name twice (?!)

Greetings. I have files that contains eleven fields in the file name. Each file has a specific meaning. My job is to list each file name and load the info into a database table for reporting. My awk code does this (files have VER suffix): find . -name "*.VER" -exec ls '{}' ';' -printf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displays the text upward

I need to print out text from a file in the console up, you know someone like that? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls -l displays ctime or mtime?

commands ls -l or just l displays ctime (changed time) or mtime (modified time)? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
10 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Cat/tac displays nothing but vi does

Hi, Today i have seen a file which shows nothing when i use cat/tac. But when i use vi it displays a single line at the top. There are no other lines. I am curious why cat/tac doesn't display that line and only vi does? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash $(...) DISPLAYS EVERY COMMAND

I use things like this a lot in ksh and bash, but lately bash has been printing the command for every loop: ... | while read f do if then echo Differ "$f" fi done How to prevent this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
5 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)