Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux download with youtube-dl the HQ MP4 (not FLV) Post 302423214 by slashdotweenie on Thursday 20th of May 2010 11:26:50 AM
Old 05-20-2010
I opened a feature request at the project:

http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/...ips-as-mp4-not

Quote:
Youtube stores all Videos as MP4 and FLV. I would like to have an option to specify "download as MP4"
Background: there are a lot media players appliances in the market which are not able to play FLV, but MP4 (for example the popular WD TV Live HD)
thanks for feedback

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Convert .mp4 to .avi

Hello, I need software to convert multimedia files. What is the good software? I was looking for it on the web, but I did not find any special. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check file is a proper flv

Hello, On a linux server (centos 5.4), users upload file that should be flv. How can I check that the file is a real and proper flv file? Checking the extension is not enough! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

howto remove meta info about MP4 or FLV file downloaded off Youtube?

Hi I tried a tool called mediainfo > brew info media-info media-info 0.7.51 http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net Depends on: pkg-config /usr/local/Cellar/media-info/0.7.51 (3 files, 14M) http://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commits/master/Library/Formula/media-info.rb Got details from a test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Video Contact Sheet on Lion from movies downloaded youtube MP4

Hi I am running Lion with latest patches > uname -a Darwin wger.local 11.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.2.0: Tue Aug 9 20:54:00 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1699.24.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 Installed mplayer, ffmpeg, gnu-getopt and ImageMagick through brew. I am unable to generate Video Contact... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

convert DVD to mp4 for my nook

How can I transfer my Television DVD collection to a hard drive converting all files to mp4 (for my nook tablet). (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madison768
0 Replies
PODBEUTER(1)															      PODBEUTER(1)

NAME
podbeuter - a podcast download manage for text terminals SYNOPSIS
podbeuter [-C configfile] [-q queuefile] [-a] [-h] DESCRIPTION
podbeuter is a podcast manager for text terminals. It is a helper program to newsbeuter which queues podcast downloads into a file. These queued downloads can then be download with newsbeuter. OPTIONS
-h Display help -C configfile Use an alternative configuration file -q queuefile Use an alternative queue file -a Start automatic download of all queued files on startup PODCAST SUPPORT
A podcast is a media file distributed over the internet using syndication feeds such as RSS, for later playback on portable players or computers. Newsbeuter contains support for downloading and saving podcasts. This support differs a bit from other podcast aggregators or "podcatchers" in how it is done. Podcast content is transported in RSS feeds via special tags called "enclosures". Newsbeuter recognizes these enclosures and stores the relevant information for every podcast item it finds in an RSS feed. Since version 2.0, it also recognizes and handles the Yahoo Media RSS extensions. What the user then can do is to add the podcast download URL to a download queue. Alternatively, newsbeuter can be configured to automatically do that. This queue is stored in the file $HOME/.newsbeuter/queue. The user can then use the download manager "podbeuter" to download these files to a directory on the local filesystem. Podbeuter comes with the newsbeuter package, and features a look and feel very close to the one of newsbeuter. It also shares the same configuration file. Podcasts that have been downloaded but haven't been played yet remain in the queue but are marked as downloaded. You can remove them by purging them from the queue with the P key. After you've played a file and close podbeuter, it will be removed from the queue. The downloaded file remains on the filesystem. CONFIGURATION COMMANDS
download-path (parameters: <path>; default value: ~/) Specifies the directory where podbeuter shall download the files to. Optionally, the placeholders "%n" (for the podcast feed's name) and "%h" (for the podcast feed's hostname) can be used to place downloads in a directory structure. (example: download-path "~/Downloads/%h/%n") max-downloads (parameters: <number>; default value: 1) Specifies the maximum number of parallel downloads when automatic download is enabled. (example: max-downloads 3) player (parameters: <player command>; default value: "") Specifies the player that shall be used for playback of downloaded files. (example: player "mp3blaster") FILES
$HOME/.newsbeuter/config $HOME/.newsbeuter/queue SEE ALSO
newsbeuter(1). The documentation that comes with newsbeuter is a good source about the general use and configuration of newsbeuter's podcast support. AUTHORS
Andreas Krennmair <ak@newsbeuter.org>, for contributors see AUTHORS file. 06/23/2011 PODBEUTER(1)