Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux download with youtube-dl the HQ MP4 (not FLV) Post 302422519 by slashdotweenie on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 04:03:23 PM
Old 05-18-2010
download with youtube-dl the HQ MP4 (not FLV)

Hi

Howto download with youtube-dl the HQ MP4? Per default it always downloads FLV and in manual there is no option described for MP4.

Code:
$ aptitude show youtube-dl
Package: youtube-dl
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 2010.04.04-1
Priority: extra
Section: universe/web
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>
Uncompressed Size: 119k
Depends: python (>= 2.4)
Suggests: rtmpdump
Description: download videos from youtube
 youtube-dl is a small command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com
 and other sites that don't provide direct links to the videos served. 

youtube-dl allows the user, among other things, to choose a specific video
 quality to download (if available) or let the program automatically determine
 the best quality video to grab. It supports downloading entire playlists and
 all videos from a given user. 

Currently supported sites are video.google.com, youtube, photobucket, and
 metacafe.
Homepage: http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Convert .mp4 to .avi

Hello, I need software to convert multimedia files. What is the good software? I was looking for it on the web, but I did not find any special. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check file is a proper flv

Hello, On a linux server (centos 5.4), users upload file that should be flv. How can I check that the file is a real and proper flv file? Checking the extension is not enough! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

howto remove meta info about MP4 or FLV file downloaded off Youtube?

Hi I tried a tool called mediainfo > brew info media-info media-info 0.7.51 http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net Depends on: pkg-config /usr/local/Cellar/media-info/0.7.51 (3 files, 14M) http://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commits/master/Library/Formula/media-info.rb Got details from a test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Video Contact Sheet on Lion from movies downloaded youtube MP4

Hi I am running Lion with latest patches > uname -a Darwin wger.local 11.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.2.0: Tue Aug 9 20:54:00 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1699.24.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 Installed mplayer, ffmpeg, gnu-getopt and ImageMagick through brew. I am unable to generate Video Contact... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

convert DVD to mp4 for my nook

How can I transfer my Television DVD collection to a hard drive converting all files to mp4 (for my nook tablet). (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madison768
0 Replies
RAPID-PHOTO-DOWNLOADER(1)												 RAPID-PHOTO-DOWNLOADER(1)

NAME
rapid-photo-downloader - imports photos and videos from cameras, memory cards and other devices SYNOPSIS
rapid-photo-downloader [options] Options: --version -h, --help -v, --verbose -q, --quiet -e, --extensions --focal-length=FOCAL_LENGTH -a, --auto-detect -l PATH, --device-location=PATH --reset-settings DESCRIPTION
Rapid Photo Downloader imports photos and videos from cameras, memory cards and Portable Storage Devices, providing a variety of flexible, user-defined options for subfolder creation, photo and video renaming, and backup. It can download from more than one device in parallel. OPTIONS
--version Displays information about the currently installed version and exits. -h, --help Show help message and exit. -v, --verbose Displays program information on the command line as the program runs. -d, --debug Displays debugging information on the command line as the program runs -q, --quiet Only display output errors and warnings to the command line as the program runs. -e, --extensions Displays image file extensions the program recognizes and exits. --focal-length=FOCAL_LENGTH If an aperture value of 0.0 is encountered, the focal length metadata will be set to the number passed, and its aperture metadata to f/8. -a, --auto-detect Automatically detect devices from which to download, overwriting existing program preferences. -l PATH, --device-location=PATH Manually specify the PATH of the device from which to download, overwriting existing program preferences. --reset-settings Resets all program settings and preferences to their default values and exits. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LOCALEDIR If set, overrides the system-wide directory in which translation data will be searched for. LANG The system-wide locale used for translations. BUGS
* Support for downloading directly from cameras is experimental. Not all cameras are supported. Please report bugs at https://bugs.launchpad.net/rapid AUTHORS
Rapid Photo Downloader was written by Damon Lynch <damonlynch@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Damon Lynch. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'. 0.4.5 2012-06-24 RAPID-PHOTO-DOWNLOADER(1)