Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print number pyramid with for loop in unix Post 302420550 by radoulov on Wednesday 12th of May 2010 02:59:08 AM
Old 05-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygemici
Try this Smilie

[CODE]
for i in {1..5} ; do
[...]
The only ksh implementation that supports the above brace expansion is ksh93 ...

It also supports the for loop syntax mentioned in the original post.

So I suppose that this code will not work for the original poster Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Print Problem in UNIX. Need to know the option to specify the print paper size

Hi, Could any one please let me know what is the option available in UNIX to print by specifying the paper size? We are using Unix11i. I could n't see any option specified in the 'lp' command to print the report by specifying the size of the paper. It would be of great help to me, if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukarthik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to ignore characters and print only number using unix?

say D45H E67H G779K F8888U T66Y Y333U output shud be like 45 67 779 8888 66 333 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to print number one less than actual number

suppose we have a file which contains 34 45 56 77 55 66 54 67 so output shud be like 33 44 55 76 54 65 53 66 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you print the number of processes that each user is currently running in Unix?

Ok, so I know there's a way to do this, but I've been trying to find out all afternoon with no luck. I think it should print out something like this: 1 bin 2 daemon 6 duo Where the numbers on the left are the number of processes being run by the user whose name is listed on the right. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : print the sequence number without missing number

Dear Perl users, I need your help to solve my problem below. I want to print the sequence number without missing number within the range. E.g. my sequence number : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 13 14 my desired output: 1 -8 , 11-14 my code below but still problem with the result: 1 - 14 1 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandai
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print number of records, divide this number

I would like to print the number of records of 2 files, and divide the two numbers awk '{print NR}' file1 > output1 awk '{print NR}' file2 > output2 paste output1 output2 > output awl '{print $1/$2}' output > output_2 is there a faster way? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmerc
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing log file and print latest number in loop

Hello All, I have an awk script which parses my log file and prints number grepping from a specific line/pattern, now i have to come with a shell script to continue reading the log untill the job is completed, which i would know while reading session log untill process encounters a final... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies

9. AIX

UNIX ksh - To print the PID number and repeat count

This question is asked in an interview today that I have to return output with each PID number and the count of each PID number logged today. Here is the script that I have written. Can you confirm if that would work or not. The interviewer didn't said if my answer is correct or not. Can someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subodh Kumar
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies
MPSImagePyramid(3)					 MetalPerformanceShaders.framework					MPSImagePyramid(3)

NAME
MPSImagePyramid SYNOPSIS
#import <MPSImageConvolution.h> Inherits MPSUnaryImageKernel. Inherited by MPSImageGaussianPyramid. Instance Methods (nonnull instancetype) - initWithDevice: (nonnull instancetype) - initWithDevice:centerWeight: (nonnull instancetype) - initWithDevice:kernelWidth:kernelHeight:weights: (nullable instancetype) - initWithCoder:device: Properties NSUInteger kernelHeight NSUInteger kernelWidth Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description The MPSImagePyramid is a base class for creating different kinds of pyramid images Currently supported pyramid-types are: @ref MPSImageGaussianPyramid The Gaussian image pyramid kernel is enqueued as a in-place operation using @ref MPSUnaryImageKernel::encodeToCommandBuffer:inPlaceTexture:fallbackCopyAllocator: and all mipmap levels after level=1, present in the provided image are filled using the provided filtering kernel. The fallbackCopyAllocator parameter is not used. The Gaussian image pyramid filter ignores @ref clipRect and @ref offset and fills the entire mipmap levels. Note: Make sure your texture type is compatible with mipmapping and supports texture views (see MTLTextureUsagePixelFormatView). Recall the size of the nth mipmap level: w_n = max(1, floor(w_0 / 2^n)) h_n = max(1, floor(h_0 / 2^n)), where w_0, h_0 are the zeroth level width and height. ie the image dimensions themselves. Method Documentation - (nullable instancetype) initWithCoder: (NSCoder *__nonnull) aDecoder(nonnull id< MTLDevice >) device NSSecureCoding compatability See MPSKernel::initWithCoder. Parameters: aDecoder The NSCoder subclass with your serialized MPSCNNPooling device The MTLDevice on which to make the MPSCNNPooling Returns: A new MPSCNNPooling object, or nil if failure. Reimplemented from MPSUnaryImageKernel. - (nonnull instancetype) initWithDevice: (nonnull id< MTLDevice >) device Initialize a downwards 5-tap image pyramid with the default filter kernel and device Parameters: device The device the filter will run on The filter kernel is the outer product of w = [ 1/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/4, 1/16 ]^T, with itself Returns: A valid object or nil, if failure. Reimplemented from MPSUnaryImageKernel. - (nonnull instancetype) initWithDevice: (nonnull id< MTLDevice >) device(float) centerWeight Initialize a downwards 5-tap image pyramid with a central weight parameter and device Parameters: device The device the filter will run on centerWeight Defines form of the filter-kernel through the outer product ww^T, where w = [ (1/4 - a/2), 1/4, a, 1/4, (1/4 - a/2) ]^T and 'a' is centerWeight. Returns: A valid object or nil, if failure. - (nonnull instancetype) initWithDevice: (nonnull id< MTLDevice >) device(NSUInteger) kernelWidth(NSUInteger) kernelHeight(const float *__nonnull) kernelWeights Initialize a downwards n-tap pyramid with a custom filter kernel and device Parameters: device The device the filter will run on kernelWidth The width of the filtering kernel. See MPSImageConvolution. kernelHeight The height of the filtering kernel. See MPSImageConvolution. kernelWeights A pointer to an array of kernelWidth * kernelHeight values to be used as the kernel. These are in row major order. See MPSImageConvolution. Returns: A valid object or nil, if failure. Property Documentation - kernelHeight [read], [nonatomic], [assign] The height of the filter window. Must be an odd number. - kernelWidth [read], [nonatomic], [assign] The width of the filter window. Must be an odd number. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for MetalPerformanceShaders.framework from the source code. Version MetalPerformanceShaders-100 Thu Feb 8 2018 MPSImagePyramid(3)