Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Virtual disk to create and partition Post 302419807 by Guccio on Sunday 9th of May 2010 07:30:29 AM
Old 05-09-2010
dmesg doesn't exist in my version of minix (R3.1.6) Smilie

---------- Post updated at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:18 AM ----------

This is the settings of Qemu launcher. Is it right?

Minix hasn't the command dmesg, How can I find virtual image in /dev/ ? Smilie

Last edited by Guccio; 05-09-2010 at 12:15 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Partition

Hi All, While my LINUX SERVER installed we didnt' used all the space for partitions. with what tool I can create a new partition or mount point to use the free space. I tried the command fdisk and diskdruid. They are not working. Thanks in advance With Best regards, Varma. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
2 Replies

2. Solaris

New disk - how to partition?

Have a solaris x86 running solaris 9. Root disk - logical - mirrored. I added 2 more disks today - and I have mirrored them using array configuration utility. I did a reconfiguration boot - and now I can see the logical disk using format: I then partitioned this the way I wanted (I hope)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Am I running in a virtual partition

How can I tell if HP-UX 11 is running in a virtual partition from the command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Midcain
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk Partition

I have 3 disks to partition in following file system. c1t1d0 = 72gb /prod1 /prod2 /prod3 /prod4 /prod5 I am first time using "format" command to do this. How can i name with specified size. -Adeel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deal732
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Partition disk

Hi, Can I partition disk in use or would I damage the file store on it? Regards Mehrdad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
1 Replies

6. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX Virtual Partition

Hi guys can someone please advise... are there 2 types of VM used in HP-UX? because i have seen 2 sets of commands the one uses hpvm* (hpvmstatus) then the other it starts with v* (vparstatus) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to partition your disk?

Hello, I am a new member of the forum. I need an idea on how to partition the disk. My situation is as follows: I have two 3TB disks ognuno.In 6TB total then, but I have to do to force a RAID 1 so my space will be 3TB. I'll have to force install RedHat 5.8 and liquids is to be taken in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaquin
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual disk (ramdisk) create for sun4v (T-2000 simulator) architecture

have been trying to create a 2 GB ramdisk (virtual) to run on my T-2000 simulator (Legion) which has sun4v architecture. I have a SPARC workstation which runs on sun4u architecture with Solaris 10. I have created a ramdisk image using dd command, newfs, then used ufsrestore to restore the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies
SEQDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							SEQDIAG(1)

NAME
seqdiag - generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
seqdiag [options] file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the seqdiag commands. seqdiag is generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/seqdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
seqdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 21, 2011 SEQDIAG(1)