Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Virtual disk to create and partition Post 302419783 by Guccio on Saturday 8th of May 2010 04:54:32 PM
Old 05-08-2010
Virtual disk to create and partition

I have to do this exercise:
  • Create a virtual disk
  • Partition this disk
  • Create File system
  • Mount File System
I'm using Minix (which runs by Qemu as guest machine) on Linux (Host)

Is there anybody who knows how to solve first three point? Smilie
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Partition

Hi All, While my LINUX SERVER installed we didnt' used all the space for partitions. with what tool I can create a new partition or mount point to use the free space. I tried the command fdisk and diskdruid. They are not working. Thanks in advance With Best regards, Varma. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
2 Replies

2. Solaris

New disk - how to partition?

Have a solaris x86 running solaris 9. Root disk - logical - mirrored. I added 2 more disks today - and I have mirrored them using array configuration utility. I did a reconfiguration boot - and now I can see the logical disk using format: I then partitioned this the way I wanted (I hope)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Am I running in a virtual partition

How can I tell if HP-UX 11 is running in a virtual partition from the command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Midcain
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk Partition

I have 3 disks to partition in following file system. c1t1d0 = 72gb /prod1 /prod2 /prod3 /prod4 /prod5 I am first time using "format" command to do this. How can i name with specified size. -Adeel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deal732
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Partition disk

Hi, Can I partition disk in use or would I damage the file store on it? Regards Mehrdad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
1 Replies

6. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX Virtual Partition

Hi guys can someone please advise... are there 2 types of VM used in HP-UX? because i have seen 2 sets of commands the one uses hpvm* (hpvmstatus) then the other it starts with v* (vparstatus) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to partition your disk?

Hello, I am a new member of the forum. I need an idea on how to partition the disk. My situation is as follows: I have two 3TB disks ognuno.In 6TB total then, but I have to do to force a RAID 1 so my space will be 3TB. I'll have to force install RedHat 5.8 and liquids is to be taken in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaquin
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual disk (ramdisk) create for sun4v (T-2000 simulator) architecture

have been trying to create a 2 GB ramdisk (virtual) to run on my T-2000 simulator (Legion) which has sun4v architecture. I have a SPARC workstation which runs on sun4u architecture with Solaris 10. I have created a ramdisk image using dd command, newfs, then used ufsrestore to restore the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies
vpartition(5)							File Formats Manual						     vpartition(5)

NAME
vpartition - display information about the Virtual Partition Command Line Interface DESCRIPTION
This manpage gives a listing and brief description of the commands that are used to manage virtual partitions. | Command | Description --------------+---------------------------------------------------------- vecheck | Check for virtual partition environment. | vparadmin | Modify virtual partition flexible administrative | capability related attributes. | vparboot | Boot (start) a virtual partition. | vparcreate | Create a new virtual partition. | vpardump | Manage monitor dump files. | vparefiutil | Update EFI device paths of bootable disks in the | | vparenv | Set vPars or nPars mode, ILM or CLM granularity in | system firmware, or display current values of these | settings. Itanium-based platforms only. | vparextract | Extract memory images from a running virtual partition | system. | vparmodify | Modify an existing virtual partition. | vparreloc | Relocate the load address of a vmunix file, determine | if a vmunix file is relocatable, or promote the scope of | symbols in a relocatable vmunix file. | PA-RISC platforms only. | vparremove | Remove (delete) an existing virtual partition. | vparreset | Send a hard reset (TOC) to a virtual partition. | vparresources | Description of virtual partition resources and | their requirements. | vparstatus | Display virtual partition and available resources | information. | vparutil | Get and set SCSI parameters for disk devices from | a virtual partition. PA-RISC platforms only. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
vparadmin(1M), vparboot(1M), vparconfig(1M), vparcreate(1M), vpardump(1M), vparefiutil(1M), vparenv(1M), vparextract(1M), vparmodify(1M), vparreloc(1M), vparremove(1M), vparreset(1M), vparstatus(1M), vparutil(1M), vparresources(5), vpmon(5). vpartition(5)