Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7 Post 302417160 by ScKaSx on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 05:35:06 PM
Old 04-28-2010
The error I get when I try to run from cygwin/bin/ is:

/usr/bin/startxwin: No such file or directory (errno 2): no server "X" in PATH

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access windows titles of a X11 application

Hi, Do you think there a way to get the windows titles of an X11 application with multiple windows on AIX? I have only the application's process id, but I can use shell and C++ programming. I am looking for a hint/links to explore. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolal500
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to config x11 and connect to solaris using vncviewer under Windows XP

dear bro. I using /usr/X11/bin/xorgconfig command configed xorg, and sync && init 6 but after restarted, used svcs -a to checked services status: maintenance 23:41:50 svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default How to solve this problem and connect to solaris using vncviewer under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: P2Baby
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X11 Packages

I see that I need these packages.. xorg-x11-base xorg-x11-bin xorg-x11-bin-dlls xorg-x11-devel xorg-x11-func xorg-x11-fonts xorg-x11-xwin xorg-x11-etc but in Cygwin 2.573 I do not see any of these under X11. Could someone tell me, do I have a wrong version of Cygwin or what? The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsells20
4 Replies

5. Solaris

No X11 windows from non-global zone

Hey everyone I have a solaris 10 install, with an extra zone installed. I am ssh-ing to it from a windows machine using putty, with Xming installed. I can get the global zone to forward the X11 windows fine, but when I ssh to the zone, it doesn't work, giving the error: Xlib: connection to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows 7 64 bit issues with X11

Hi, I was hoping that somebody could assist me with the following issue. I recently installed a windows 7 64 bit professional on a desktop with following specs: Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450. (Which was a upgrade of a xp 32 bit based system) Since I'm more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristofvdo
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin Errors: Yaml Configuration issues

Hi everyone! Hope all of you will be fine. I am new to this forum. Well, I am trying to configure yaml-0.1.4 in cygwin on Windows 7. I have written the following command: *******/tmp/yaml-0.1.4 $ ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install and the following error appeared. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imdalucky1
3 Replies

8. Programming

Visibility of X11 windows

Does anyone know if it is possible to check whether a window in x11 (using xlib) is visible or not? I tried XGetWindowProperty, but that doesn't work, because the windows host (dtwm on Solaris 10) does not support EWMH. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferKuiper
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X11 forwarding issues

Unable to get X11 activated on my login even after Unix admin has enabled it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomsayer1977
2 Replies
libgtk-x11-2.0.3(3)                                      Introduction to Library Functions                                     libgtk-x11-2.0.3(3)

NAME
libgtk-x11-2.0 - Gimp Toolkit and Default GNOME Toolkit DESCRIPTION
GTK+ is the Gimp Toolkit and the default GNOME Toolkit for the X11 windowing system. It is a library for creating graphical user inter- faces. GTK+ uses an object-based component hierarchy. To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/liblibgtk-x11-2.0.sGimp Toolkit shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gtk-query-immodules-2.0(1), libgdk-x11-2.0(3), libgdk_pixbuf-2.0(3), libglib-2.0(3), libgobject(3), libpango-1.0(3), X11(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 libgtk-x11-2.0.3(3)