Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7 Post 302417160 by ScKaSx on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 05:35:06 PM
Old 04-28-2010
The error I get when I try to run from cygwin/bin/ is:

/usr/bin/startxwin: No such file or directory (errno 2): no server "X" in PATH

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access windows titles of a X11 application

Hi, Do you think there a way to get the windows titles of an X11 application with multiple windows on AIX? I have only the application's process id, but I can use shell and C++ programming. I am looking for a hint/links to explore. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolal500
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to config x11 and connect to solaris using vncviewer under Windows XP

dear bro. I using /usr/X11/bin/xorgconfig command configed xorg, and sync && init 6 but after restarted, used svcs -a to checked services status: maintenance 23:41:50 svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default How to solve this problem and connect to solaris using vncviewer under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: P2Baby
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X11 Packages

I see that I need these packages.. xorg-x11-base xorg-x11-bin xorg-x11-bin-dlls xorg-x11-devel xorg-x11-func xorg-x11-fonts xorg-x11-xwin xorg-x11-etc but in Cygwin 2.573 I do not see any of these under X11. Could someone tell me, do I have a wrong version of Cygwin or what? The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsells20
4 Replies

5. Solaris

No X11 windows from non-global zone

Hey everyone I have a solaris 10 install, with an extra zone installed. I am ssh-ing to it from a windows machine using putty, with Xming installed. I can get the global zone to forward the X11 windows fine, but when I ssh to the zone, it doesn't work, giving the error: Xlib: connection to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows 7 64 bit issues with X11

Hi, I was hoping that somebody could assist me with the following issue. I recently installed a windows 7 64 bit professional on a desktop with following specs: Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450. (Which was a upgrade of a xp 32 bit based system) Since I'm more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristofvdo
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin Errors: Yaml Configuration issues

Hi everyone! Hope all of you will be fine. I am new to this forum. Well, I am trying to configure yaml-0.1.4 in cygwin on Windows 7. I have written the following command: *******/tmp/yaml-0.1.4 $ ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install and the following error appeared. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imdalucky1
3 Replies

8. Programming

Visibility of X11 windows

Does anyone know if it is possible to check whether a window in x11 (using xlib) is visible or not? I tried XGetWindowProperty, but that doesn't work, because the windows host (dtwm on Solaris 10) does not support EWMH. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferKuiper
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X11 forwarding issues

Unable to get X11 activated on my login even after Unix admin has enabled it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomsayer1977
2 Replies
quartz-wm(1)						      General Commands Manual						      quartz-wm(1)

NAME
quartz-wm - Aqua Window Manager for the X Window System on OS X SYNTAX
quartz-wm [ --only-proxy ] DESCRIPTION
quartz-wm is a window manager for the X Window System. It provides titlebars for X11 windows that aim to match the look and feel of native Mac OS X windows. It also contains functionality to bridge between the system pasteboard and the X server's PRIMARY and CLIPBOARD selec- tions. OPTIONS
quartz-wm accepts the following command line options: --only-proxy This option indicates that the program should not attempt to manage any of the display's screens. However the selection proxying features will still be enabled, meaning that a different window manager may be used, but cut and paste will work as if quartz-wm were running. --no-pasteboard This option indicates that the program should not manage the cut and paste proxying. This option is defaulted to on for newer X11 servers that support this functionality and off for older servers that do not. --prefs-domain <domain> This option can be used to override the domain used to read preferences from. This is useful if you want to have multiple X11.apps running at the same time. CUSTOMIZATION
quartz-wm can be customized using the defaults(1) command. quartz-wm can be forced to re-read these preferences by sending it a SIGHUP using kill(1). The available options are: defaults write org.x.X11 wm_ffm -bool true Enables focus-follows-mouse mode. Windows belonging to the X server may then be focused by moving the pointer over them, as well as the default mode of clicking in them. defaults write org.x.X11 wm_click_through -bool true Disables the default behavior of swallowing window-activating mouse events. defaults write org.x.X11 wm_limit_size -bool true Limit the size of each window to the size of the current head. defaults write org.x.x11 wm_focus_on_new_window -bool false Don't tell X11.app to take focus when a new X11 window is created. defaults write org.x.X11 wm_window_shading -bool true Enables double clicking on a titlebar to shade the window defaults write org.x.X11 wm_auto_quit -bool true Automatically quit quartz-wm (thus shutting down the X11 server) when the last window is closed. defaults write org.x.X11 wm_auto_quit_timeout -int 3 Set the timeout for the auto-quit feature. If wm_auto_quit is true, quartz-wm will wait this many seconds before attempting to shutdown. If another window is created in that time, quartz-wm will not shutdown. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DISPLAY This variable is used to determine which X server to use. SEE ALSO
X(7), Xquartz(1), xrdb(1), twm(1) 0.0 quartz-wm(1)