Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX equivalent to GNU grep's -B and -A [print lines after or before matching lines] Post 302416398 by zaxxon on Monday 26th of April 2010 11:32:09 AM
Old 04-26-2010
In this case you might have to write something in awk for example to have a similar functionality.
Althoug there is an old version of GNUgrep in the official IBM Linux toolbox available, just in case you were allowed to install this one.

---------- Post updated at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:30 PM ----------

Without focus on parsing input etc., here a solution in awk how it could look like:
Code:
$> cat infile
bla 1
bla 2
bla 3
bla 4
bla 5
bla 6
bla 7
bla 8
bla 9
bla 10

$cat mach.ksh
awk -v direction="$1" -v offset="$2" -v pattern="$3" '

$0 ~ pattern {s=NR; _[NR]=$0; next}
{_[NR]=$0; next}

END{
        if( direction == "B" ){
                x=(s-offset)
                while( s >= x ){
                        print _[x]
                        x++
                }
        }
        if( direction == "A" ){
                x=(s+offset)
                while( s <= x ){
                        print _[s]
                        s++
                }
        }
}' $4

Examples:
Code:
$> ./mach.ksh B 2 'bla 5' infile
bla 3
bla 4
bla 5
$> ./mach.ksh A 4 'bla 5' infile
bla 5
bla 6
bla 7
bla 8
bla 9

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to print next 3 lines after pattern matching.

Dear Experts, I have file called file1 in which i am greping a pattern after that i want to next 3 lines when that pattern is matched. Ex:- file1 USA UK India Africa Hello Asia Europe Australia Hello Peter Robert Jo i want to next 3 lines after matching Hello... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print file without few exactly matching lines?

Hi I have a very long file with 4 columns of numbers for example 1875 1876 12725 12723 13785 13786 4232 4230 13184 13185 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two lines after grep for a text string

I have several very large file that are extracts from Oracle tables. These files are formatted in XML type syntax with multiple entries like: <ROW> some information more information </ROW> I want to grep for some words, then print all lines between <ROW> AND </ROW>. Can this be done with AWK?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbruce
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print matching lines in a file

Hello everyone, I have a little script below: die "Usage infile outfile reGex" if @ARGV != 3; ($regex) = @ARGV; open(F,$ARGV) or die "Can't open"; open(FOUT,"+>$ARGV") or die "Can't open"; while (<F>) { print FOUT if /$regex/.../$regex/; } No matter what I give $regex on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new bie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines between 2 matching patterns

Hi Guys, I have file like below, I want to print all lines between test1231233 to its 10 occurrence(till line 41) test1231233 qwe qwe qweq123 test1231233 qwe qwe qweq23 test1231233 qwe qwe qweq123 test1231233 qwe qwe qweq123131 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print all the lines after pattern matching?

I have a file that contains... Number -------------------- 1 2 3 4 i want to print all the numbers after the hyphen ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 for matching line in file2 and print the difference in matching lines

Hello, I have two files file 1 and file 2 each having result of a query on certain database tables and need to compare for Col1 in file1 with Col3 in file2, compare Col2 with Col4 and output the value of Col1 from File1 which is a) not present in Col3 of File2 b) value of Col2 is different from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RasB15
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print few lines before and after matching word is found suing grep?

Hi, here are few lines present in the logs. I want to grep on Error and print few lines before and after Error word is found line1 Line2 Line3 Error Line4 Line5 Line6 Line7 I want the output to be Line2 Line3 Error Line5 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines after matching two pattern

would like to print everything after matching two patterns AAA and BBB. output : CCC ZZZ sample data : AAA BBB CCC ZZZ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
4 Replies
Config::Model::DumpAsData(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Config::Model::DumpAsData(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::DumpAsData - Dump configuration content as a perl data structure VERSION
version 2.021 SYNOPSIS
use Config::Model ; use Log::Log4perl qw(:easy) ; use Data::Dumper ; Log::Log4perl->easy_init($WARN); # define configuration tree object my $model = Config::Model->new ; $model ->create_config_class ( name => "MyClass", element => [ [qw/foo bar/] => { type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string' }, baz => { type => 'hash', index_type => 'string' , cargo => { type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string', }, }, ], ) ; my $inst = $model->instance(root_class_name => 'MyClass' ); my $root = $inst->config_root ; # put some data in config tree the hard way $root->fetch_element('foo')->store('yada') ; $root->fetch_element('bar')->store('bla bla') ; $root->fetch_element('baz')->fetch_with_id('en')->store('hello') ; # put more data the easy way my $step = 'baz:fr=bonjour baz:hr="dobar dan"'; $root->load( step => $step ) ; print Dumper($root->dump_as_data); # $VAR1 = { # 'bar' => 'bla bla', # 'baz' => { # 'en' => 'hello', # 'fr' => 'bonjour', # 'hr' => 'dobar dan' # }, # 'foo' => 'yada' # }; DESCRIPTION
This module is used directly by Config::Model::Node to dump the content of a configuration tree in perl data structure. The perl data structure is a hash of hash. Only CheckList content will be stored in an array ref. Note that undefined values are skipped for list element. I.e. if a list element contains "('a',undef,'b')", the data structure will contain 'a','b'. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( ) No parameter. The constructor should be used only by Config::Model::Node. Methods dump_as_data(...) Return a perl data structure Parameters are: node Reference to a Config::Model::Node object. Mandatory full_dump Also dump default values in the data structure. Useful if the dumped configuration data will be used by the application. (default is yes) skip_auto_write Skip node that have a "perl write" capability in their model. See Config::Model::AutoRead. auto_vivify Scan and create data for nodes elements even if no actual data was stored in them. This may be useful to trap missing mandatory values. ordered_hash_as_list By default, ordered hash (i.e. the order of the keys are important) are dumped as Perl list. This is the faster way to dump such hashed while keeping the key order. But it's the less readable way. When this parameter is 1 (default), the ordered hash is dumped as a list: [ A => 'foo', B => 'bar', C => 'baz' ] When this parameter is set as 0, the ordered hash is dumped with a special key that specifies the order of keys. E.g.: { __order => [ 'A', 'B', 'C' ] , B => 'bar', A => 'foo', C => 'baz' } Methods dump_annotations_as_pod(...) Return a string formatted in pod (See perlpod) with the annotations. Parameters are: node Reference to a Config::Model::Node object. Mandatory experience master, advanced or beginner check_list Yes, no or skip AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, (ddumont at cpan dot org) SEE ALSO
Config::Model,Config::Model::Node,Config::Model::ObjTreeScanner perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::DumpAsData(3pm)