Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Path to Linux / Unix Systems Administrator Post 302415434 by jhtrice on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 03:06:48 PM
Old 04-22-2010
Find a mentor

It's been my experience that Unix admins tend to be fairly independent and like to figure things out for themselves. That being said, a good mentor can be a huge benefit. Do you know a Unix admin that has a rep for being a guru?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

2. Advertise with Us

UNIX Systems Administrator Opportunity

Optiver is a worldwide market maker and derivatives trading firm with offices strategically located in Chicago, Amsterdam and Sydney. Attracting very ambitious, talented and results-oriented individuals to become members of a highly selective trading and support group is a primary contributor to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barb S.
0 Replies
network-admin(1)					      General Commands Manual						  network-admin(1)

NAME
network-admin - Network Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
network-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
network-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. network-admin allows you to specify the way your system connects to other computers and to the Internet. OPTIONS
--display=DISPLAY X display to use network-admin also accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
network-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), shares-admin(1), time-admin(1), users-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 network-admin(1)