Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX Post 302414153 by zaxxon on Monday 19th of April 2010 10:46:20 AM
Old 04-19-2010
Thats worth to be made sticky Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding out the current AIX Maintenance Level

Is there a simple command in the vein of `oslevel` under AIX 4.3 to show the current patch level of the machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Howto upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML

Hi, Installing a new version of PROGRESS DB software 9.1c requires us to upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML ( http://techweb.progress.com/kbase/19779 ) How would a do this savely. This is what i have already. 1) take a system backup. 2) find the level we are on right now. #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX maintenance package 4.3.

Hello, we have an 7015-R40, we want to update AIX. oslevel shows 4.3.2.0 At ibm.com we found following AIX 4300-11 maintenance package Recommended maintenance for AIX 4.3.3 It's possible to update the system with this file or does we need another source? Thank you! S. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagitario
8 Replies

4. AIX

aix maintenance level

Hi, I want to know which command will list only maintenance level of Aix Operating system For Example: 5.3.1.7 in this example which is maintenance level of OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

5. AIX

DS4300 firmware upgrade with AIX

Hi Guys, It's me again with this unending support of AIX43 ML 9. I finally able to test a migration from SSA to SAN, no problem. One problem, I bought some expansion of DS4300, two arrays. The IBM tech told me that before I can connect to the existing DS4300, I need to upgrade the firmware... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. AIX

maintenance on the SAN with AIX

Hi All, I need to do maintenance on the SAN. Do I need to shutdown AIX as well? Or I can just unmount the SAN-FS and let the SAN reboot or do maintenance mode. And then when SAN is up, just mount it back. Is that simple it is or not? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. AIX

Issue "Error 404" when upgrade AIX 5300-05-CSP-0000 to AIX (5300-09-02-0849)

Please read my issue! My old server using: - AIX system operating (5300-05-CSP-0000) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) After I've upgraded version AIX - AIX system operating (5300-09-02-0849) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) I have 1 issue when I access home page: "Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gamonhon
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to upgrade AIX TL (technology level)

Hello. Im attempting to install Oracle 11g, but my current AIX is a bit too old. Oracle 11g require TV 5300-05-06, and my current AIX TV is: % oslevel -s 5300-05-00 So what would be the best way to update TV? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
6 Replies

9. AIX

AIX OS level

I currently have 2 servers running AIX 6.1 on them, but the OS level is listed differently in WSM. I am fairly new to AIX and just re-installed the OS on one of the boxes that originally had 5.1 on it. It now shows 6.1.0.0, whereas the other one shows 6.1.3.0. I have been trying to figure out how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rifamilyguy
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 6.1 New SP&TL 6.1.8.0 upgrade failed

Hello Team, Hope all doing well. I have tried to upgrade on of my AIX box too the latest SP and TL, but unfortunately it's got failed(Details are below). Need expert help to fix this. Before up-gradation : root@# oslevel -s 6100-07-01-1141 root@# instfix -i | grep ML All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies
unattended-upgrade(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     unattended-upgrade(8)

NAME
unattended-upgrade - automatic installation of security (and other) upgrades SYNOPSIS
unattended-upgrade [options] DESCRIPTION
This program can download and install security upgrades automatically and unattended, taking care to only install packages from the config- ured APT source, and checking for dpkg prompts about configuration file changes. All output is logged to /var/log/unattended-upgrades.log. This script is the backend for the APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade option and designed to be run from cron (e.g. via /etc/cron.daily/apt). OPTIONS
unattended-upgrade accepts the following options: -h, --help help output -d, --debug extra debug output into /var/log/unattended-upgrades.log --dry-run Just simulate installing updates, do not actually do it CONFIGURATION
The configuration is done via the apt configuration mechanism. The default configuration file can be found at /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unat- tended-upgrades AUTHORS
unattended-upgrade is written by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> This manual page was originally written by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2009 Canonical There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. May 4, 2009 unattended-upgrade(8)