Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX Post 302414015 by Vit0_Corleone on Monday 19th of April 2010 03:24:15 AM
Old 04-19-2010
filosophizer Thanks, it is really useful information for someone going to make some firmware/TL updates

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding out the current AIX Maintenance Level

Is there a simple command in the vein of `oslevel` under AIX 4.3 to show the current patch level of the machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Howto upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML

Hi, Installing a new version of PROGRESS DB software 9.1c requires us to upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML ( http://techweb.progress.com/kbase/19779 ) How would a do this savely. This is what i have already. 1) take a system backup. 2) find the level we are on right now. #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX maintenance package 4.3.

Hello, we have an 7015-R40, we want to update AIX. oslevel shows 4.3.2.0 At ibm.com we found following AIX 4300-11 maintenance package Recommended maintenance for AIX 4.3.3 It's possible to update the system with this file or does we need another source? Thank you! S. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagitario
8 Replies

4. AIX

aix maintenance level

Hi, I want to know which command will list only maintenance level of Aix Operating system For Example: 5.3.1.7 in this example which is maintenance level of OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

5. AIX

DS4300 firmware upgrade with AIX

Hi Guys, It's me again with this unending support of AIX43 ML 9. I finally able to test a migration from SSA to SAN, no problem. One problem, I bought some expansion of DS4300, two arrays. The IBM tech told me that before I can connect to the existing DS4300, I need to upgrade the firmware... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. AIX

maintenance on the SAN with AIX

Hi All, I need to do maintenance on the SAN. Do I need to shutdown AIX as well? Or I can just unmount the SAN-FS and let the SAN reboot or do maintenance mode. And then when SAN is up, just mount it back. Is that simple it is or not? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. AIX

Issue "Error 404" when upgrade AIX 5300-05-CSP-0000 to AIX (5300-09-02-0849)

Please read my issue! My old server using: - AIX system operating (5300-05-CSP-0000) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) After I've upgraded version AIX - AIX system operating (5300-09-02-0849) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) I have 1 issue when I access home page: "Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gamonhon
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to upgrade AIX TL (technology level)

Hello. Im attempting to install Oracle 11g, but my current AIX is a bit too old. Oracle 11g require TV 5300-05-06, and my current AIX TV is: % oslevel -s 5300-05-00 So what would be the best way to update TV? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
6 Replies

9. AIX

AIX OS level

I currently have 2 servers running AIX 6.1 on them, but the OS level is listed differently in WSM. I am fairly new to AIX and just re-installed the OS on one of the boxes that originally had 5.1 on it. It now shows 6.1.0.0, whereas the other one shows 6.1.3.0. I have been trying to figure out how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rifamilyguy
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 6.1 New SP&TL 6.1.8.0 upgrade failed

Hello Team, Hope all doing well. I have tried to upgrade on of my AIX box too the latest SP and TL, but unfortunately it's got failed(Details are below). Need expert help to fix this. Before up-gradation : root@# oslevel -s 6100-07-01-1141 root@# instfix -i | grep ML All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)