Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Run script with different user at the startup .. Post 302413878 by Mr.AIX on Sunday 18th of April 2010 02:30:12 AM
Old 04-18-2010
Code:

su USER -c 'command &'

Many thanks this command very helpful ... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run tomcat at startup

Is it possible to run tomcat automatically when Linux boots without having to log in? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
4 Replies

2. Linux

Run a script during reboot/startup

Hi all, i have a script in /etc/init.d directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26 Mar 28 16:00 myscript I need it to run when my linux reboots/startup. However is it not being executed. Do i need to put in in the rc.local directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup Script "run process with Timer"

Hi I have a script that execute every X minute for checking new files in a folder and converting to pdf. Is there any way to start this script automatically on linux startup?. I use sleep function in script with infinite loop. while do killall -u `whoami` -q soffice soffice... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zawmn83
0 Replies

4. AIX

run script at startup

I am using AIX 5.3 in P6 machine. I have a script "test.sh", when i run it manually it runs properly. I want to run the script automatically when system starts. I kept the script in /etc/rc.d/init.d and also in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d but it is not working. Do i have to write it in inittab instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run script at startup.

Hi guys , I Need to run a specific command (pinging a particular machine). Which need to run every time i reboot the server till the time it shut down. What is the preferred way of doing this. Will it impact my system performance. My Operating system is as below. # lsb_release -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script at startup

hi, i am using rhel 5, and i wanna run a script as soon as the operating system open. How can i do this ? ( i was reading rc.d files but i could not understand exactly what are the run levels and where should i put the my shell script. my script will be : #!/bin/ksh iptables -I INPUT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: futi
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Unable to Run a script at startup in suse

Hi I have a script myscript.sh that needs to be run whenever the server boots. The script is actually logging Syslog-ng messages to sql server. I need to lauch it at startup I have copied the script in etc/init.d i have also added the link ln -s /etc/init.d/syslog-ng-mssql-pipe.sh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemEng
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run application at startup

We have a Windows Service written in C# ported over to linux using Mono Develop... The code is working 100% when we run a script file which runs the exe... but we want the application to run at startup.... The application gathers info of the computer eg. Hard Disk Space etc... And compress it into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yodzaan
1 Replies

9. Solaris

run a service via startup script (correct me if I am wrong)

Environment Solaris 9 I have configured the Solaris9 as NTP client in which Solaris9 is syncing the time with a windows2008 R2 Server which is runing fine. Now I want that the xntpd service should start at startup. I did this via a script. Kindly correct if I did any thing wrong: 1.)Made... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies
dtsd(1m)																  dtsd(1m)

NAME
dtsd - Restarts the DTS daemon SYNOPSIS
dtsd [options] [-d] [-w serviceability] dtsd [-s [-k courier|noncourier] [-g] [-o]] dtsd -c ARGUMENTS
Debug mode. The command will run in the foreground. See svcroute(5) for the full description of the appropriate format for this entry. Only the three-field format, severity:how:where, is used. An example is: FATAL:TEXTFILE:/dev/console Run as a server. Default is backup, courier, local server Run dtsd as a global server. Run dtsd as a courier. Run dtsd as a noncourier. When enabling as a server, set the clock immediately. Equivalent to the command enable set clock true in dtscp or to the command dcecp dts activate -abruptly. Run dtsd as a clerk. DESCRIPTION
The dtsd command invokes the DTS daemon (clerk or server process). This command is usually executed as part of the overall DCE startup script, rc.dce. You can enter the command manually under the following conditions: If a DTS daemon fails to start automatically upon reboot If you want to restart a daemon that you shut down to perform a backup or do diagnostic work In normal rebooting, the rc.dce script automatically provides arguments appropriate to the choice of configuration options. The command line arguments shown here can also be provided to dced as part of the fixed configuration strings, if dced is configured to automatically start the dtsd. If dtsd is started with no arguments (other than -d and -w), then the server must be started with dcecp. The following example configures a local server: dcecp> dts configure -notglobal dcecp> dts activate Privilege Required DTS runs as the host machine principal, which is usually root. See the Security reference pages for information about principals. NOTES
Use dtsd interactively only when troubleshooting; use the rc.dce script to start the DTS daemon. On some systsems the superuser is associ- ated with the machine principal. EXAMPLES
To restart the daemon, follow these steps: Log in to the system as superuser (root). Use the ps command to make sure that dced and cdsadv are running. (The DCE daemon provides the endpoint mapping and security services, and cdsadv provides CDS.) Enter the following command to restart the dts daemon as a clerk: $ dtsd -c To restart the dts daemon as a server, use dtsd -s and to restart it as a global server, setting the clock on startup, use dtsd -s -g -o RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: dtscp(1m), dtsdate(1m), dcecp(1m). Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide dtsd(1m)