Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX RSH command is giving error (connection refused) Post 302412942 by zaxxon on Wednesday 14th of April 2010 04:18:19 AM
Old 04-14-2010
To check why your name resolving is so slow, you might want to post following outputs all from serverB which is having the problems:

.. and when posting, make sure using [code] and [/code] tags so it is readable for us, ty.

Code:
time nslookup serverA
time nslookup serverC

Code:
cat /etc/resolv.conf

Code:
grep -vE "^#|^$" /etc/netsvc.conf

Code:
grep "serverA|serverC" /etc/hosts

Code:
vmstat -w -t -I 1 10

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

telnet connection refused

I installed Openserver 5.0.7 and I cannot telnet to the localhost and I can't telnet from my old SCO 3.2.42 to the new SCO machine but I can ping the new machine and it will telnet to the old machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: printrick
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh problem connection refused

I'm trying to use rsh command to read a variable on a remote machine. I can rlogin with no problem. If I rsh HOST I also get connection like with rlogin. There is no need for passwords. But when I rsh HOST COMMAND it waits 30 seconds then gives me a connection refused error message. Any ideas? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mace
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Connection refused

Hi there, Anything will help. I have running server on computer and want to connect from some clients. Server: memset(&hints, 0, sizeof(hints)); hints.ai_family = domain; hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM; error = getaddrinfo("localhost", "8300", &hints, &res0); if (error) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dudu1984
1 Replies

4. Solaris

rsh is not working ,error :connection refused

rsh is not working command:rsh targethost -l username command Error:Connection refused I checked on the server rshd was not working. Tried to start by /usr/sbin/in.rshd start # ./in.rshd start rshd: getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneita
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

PSQLException: Connection refused

I dont' what happened with my servers (test servers only) but I just noticed that suddenly I cannot up the domain anymore (Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01). a. server.log org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh connection using embedded command

Hello, I am doing an rsh connection to server2. I want to perform several command on server2. I.E: i=1 rsh server1 -l username "z=$i;`script.ksh`" (1)Is this the right way to give z value to be used on server2? (2) Is this the right way to run a script on server2? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

9. Linux

Telnet Connection refused error

Hi all, i got stuck with telnet issue, I am not able to telnet on 4001 port it show connection refused. with default port it will open # telnet 127.0.0.1 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to 127.0.0.1. Escape character is '^]'. Fedora release 14 (Laughlin) Kernel 2.6.35.6-45.fc14.i686 on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSHd is running, but cant connect "Network error: Connection refused"

Hi, i checked on rhel VPS is running sshd (service ssh status) But i cant connect via putty: "Network error: Connection refused" Please which log file in my centos rhel linux i need to watch or what are steps to do to discover cause? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
3 Replies
rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)					  System Administration Commands				       rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)

NAME
rpc.nisd_resolv, nisd_resolv - NIS+ service daemon SYNOPSIS
rpc.nisd_resolv [-v | -V] [ -F [-C fd]] [-t xx] [-p yy] DESCRIPTION
rpc.nisd_resolv is an auxiliary process which provides DNS forwarding service for NIS hosts requests to both ypserv and rpc.nisd that are running in the NIS compatibility mode. It is generally started by invoking rpc.nisd(1M) with the -B option or ypserv(1M) with the -d option. Although it is not recommended, rpc.nisd_resolv can also be started independently with the following options. This command requires that the /etc/resolv.conf file be setup for communication with a DNS nameserver. The nslookup utility can be used to verify communication with a DNS nameserver. See resolv.conf(4) and nslookup(1M). OPTIONS
-F Run in foreground. -C fd Use fd for service xprt (from nisd). -v Verbose. Send output to the syslog daemon. -V Verbose. Send output to stdout. -t xx Use transport xx. -p yy Use transient program# yy. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nslookup(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), resolv.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)