Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Host Key verification failed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Host Key verification failed Post 302411999 by ahamed on Saturday 10th of April 2010 04:12:50 PM
Old 04-10-2010
Hi,
I am not suppose to post the content bcos it contains some confidential data like IP address. Its against my company policy.
Is there any other way to solve this?
out of 4 server,1 server is able to perform the scp operation in the script. The remaining 3 nodes are showing host key connection failure.what might be the issue for this?

Regards,
Ahamed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signiture verification failed

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I've installed Solaris 10.0 and trying to apply all patches. On Java Desktop, I've applied almost all patches but some of patches should be applied manually on the command line. The patches -should be applied manually on terminal- are downloaded by Sun Update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

2. AIX

installp -C error: 'bosboot verification failed'

Hi, I'm a noob with AIX, can anybody help me solve this issue I'm stuck with on an 5.3 box. bash# installp -C 0503-409 installp: bosboot verification starting... 0503-497 installp: An error occurred during bosboot verification processing. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebytegrill
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RSA host key addition

Guys How do i add RSA key for a host ? I was able to connect to a host some time back but now its not connectable ,via SSH. Message i get is : abhi@myHost:~/.ssh> ssh eatcid@yourHost @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

host key issue via java

Hi, I am encountering below mentioned exception when I execute my Java program that is supposed to SFTP the file from one server over to another. Can you please tell me some pointers to resolve this issue? Exception HostName- 10.1.1.1 ; userName- bmsftp log4j:WARN No appenders could be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant.ladha
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host key verification failed in openssh

Experts, We are trying to make a key-based authentication from Server A to Server B. Server A is installed with openshh. Server B runs "Sun_SSH_1.1". Server A's rsa2 public key has been added into the server B's authorized_keys. We are sure that permission settings of the files and folders in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rprajendran
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris logs - Tracking failed attempts from my host

Hey all I'm having a big problem here. Someone is attempting an SSH to a destination host on which an account resides and locking the account. I'm trying to determine who is performing the SSH attempts from my host. For instance they're logged in as their standard account but then (I'm assuming)... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
13 Replies

7. Solaris

Need to recover/move diskgroup from failed host to another host

Hi All I am having VxVm on two Solaris hosts. host1 is using disk group dgHR. right now this server went down due to hardware fault. Not I need to import this dgHR into host2 server. Please let me know the procedure for the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Ssh between servers - No DSA host key is known

It seems I can do ssh <IP> but not ssh <hostname> If I try to ssh to hostname I get the error - No DSA host key is known for host1 and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed. Where do I set up the DSA keys? Is it ssh_known_hosts? Assume afterwards I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies

9. AIX

Ping to remote host failed

Actually. I was getting a ping to remote host failed for one of my etherchannel. When I checked it was in backup adapter and again I use to faileover and brought to primary channel. But it was again going to backup channel and giving me the alert ping to remotehost failed. When I checked the load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Host key verification failed error

HI i am getting host key verification failed error. # cat id_rsa.pub | ssh root@10.110.51.245 'cat >> .ssh/authorized_keys;exit;' cat: id_rsa.pub: No such file or directory @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile(3)				  libssh2 manual			    libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile(3)

NAME
libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile - authenticate a session with a public key, read from a file SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *username, const char *publickey, const char *privatekey, const char *passphrase); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) username - Remote user name to authenticate as. username_len - Length of username. publickey - Path and name of public key file. (e.g. /etc/ssh/hostkey.pub) privatekey - Path and name of private key file. (e.g. /etc/ssh/hostkey) passphrase - Passphrase to use when decoding private key file. Attempt public key authentication using a PEM encoded private key file stored on disk RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_PUBLICKEY_UNVERIFIED - The username/public key combination was invalid. LIBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED - Authentication using the supplied public key was not accepted. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile(3)