Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solaris+Perl script to get process start date Post 302410953 by Evan on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 08:27:03 AM
Old 04-07-2010
Hi Jim, thanks for your reply!

This happens often in the evening, in different days not only the day we switched!
Unfortunately I activated the script after the standard/daylight switch so I can't compare the two behaviours (after/before).

We don't have xntpd neither ntpd, our hosts use a proprietary ALU command (more Lucent than Alcatel I guess) to sync. I don't have much infos about this command since it's built into the application itself.
The command is scheduled to run every 10 minutes 24/7/365.

Thanks,
Evan

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to get process start date and time

what is command to get same using ps with switch. I know process id, by specify process id. It should work on solaris and hp-ux I will be happy if for both different commands. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naeem ahmad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

start process at assidned date and time

How can I start FTP at assigned DATE and TIME? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd2003
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

4. Solaris

How to get process start date and time in SOLARIS?

how can I get the process start date and time? using ps command i can get the timstamp for a process, which are started today. and only date (MMM DD) for others. i need to get both for all the running process. please help. Regards, Jagadeeswaran.K (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeeswaran.K
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture dates between start date and end date Using perl.

Hi All, Want to get all dates and Julian week number for that date between the start date and end date. How can I achive this using perl? (To achive above functionality, I was connecting to the database from DB server. Need to execute the same script in application server, since databse... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract week start,end date from given date in PERL

Hi All, what i want to do in perl is i should give the date at run time .Suppose date given is 23/12/2011(mm/dd/yyyy) the perl script shold find week start date, week end date, previous week start date,end date,next week start date, end date. In this case week start date will be-:12/19/2011... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies
at(1)							      General Commands Manual							     at(1)

Name
       at, batch - execute commands at a later time

Syntax
       at time [day] [file]
       at -r job...
       at -l [job...]

batch [file]

Description
       The  and commands use a copy of the named file (standard input default) as input to or at a later time.	A command to the current directory
       is inserted at the beginning, followed by assignments to all environment variables.  When the script is run, it uses the user and group	ID
       of the creator of the copy file.

The command allows the user to specify when the commands should be executed, while jobs queued with execute when the load level of the sys-
       tem permits.

The environment variables, current directory, and are retained when the commands are executed.  However, open files,  traps,  and  priority
       are lost.

Users are permitted to use the and commands if their name appears in the file If that file does not exist, the file is checked to determine
       if the user should be denied access to and If neither file exists, only the superuser is allowed to submit a job.  If only the file  exists
       and is empty, global usage is permitted.  The files consist of one user name per line.

The  time  is  1  to 4 digits.  It can, but does not have to be, followed by A, P, N or M which stand for AM, PM, noon or midnight, respec-
       tively. The A, P, N, and M suffixes are case-insensitive.  One and two digit numbers are interpreted as hours, three and four digits to	be
       hours  and  minutes. If three digits are specified, the first digit is interpreted to be an hour in the range 0-9, and the second and third
       digits as minutes.  If no letters follow the digits, a 24 hour clock time is presumed.

In addition to 1-4 digits, and suffixes A, P, M, N, you can also specify:
       at hh:mm
       at h:mm
       at ham
       at hpm
       at noon
       at midnight

The optional day is either a month name followed by a day number or by a day of the week.  If the word week  follows,  the  or  command	is
       invoked in seven days.  Both commands also recognize standard abbreviations for the days of the week and months of the year.  The following
       are examples of legitimate commands:
       at 8am jan 24

at 1530 fr week

The programs are executed by periodic execution of the command from The granularity of depends upon how often atrun is executed.  The  com-
       mand examines the file every minute.  The file determines when is executed.  The default is every 15 minutes on the 1/4 hour. Editing makes
       run more or less frequently.

Standard output or error output is lost unless it is redirected.

The and commands write the job number to standard error.

Options
       -r		   Removes jobs previously scheduled by or The number is the number reported at invocation by or  Only	the  superuser	is
			   allowed to remove another user's jobs.

-l		   Lists all job numbers for all jobs submitted by the user issuing the command.  Even if the user is "root", only numbers
			   for jobs submitted by "root" are displayed.	To see the numbers of all jobs submitted, enter the following command:
			   % ls -l /usr/spool/at

Restrictions
       Due to the granularity of the execution of there may be bugs in scheduling jobs almost exactly 24 hours into the future.

Diagnostics
       Complains about various syntax errors and times that are out of range.

Files
       /usr/lib/atrun	   executor run by cron(8)

in /usr/spool/at:
	    yy.ddd.hhhh.*  activity for year yy, day dd, hour hhhh.
	    lasttimedone   last hhhh
	    past	   activities in progress
       /usr/spool/at/at.allowlist of allowed users
       /usr/spool/at/at.denylist of denied users
       /usr/spool/at	   spool directory
       /usr/lib/cron	   XOPEN compatibility

See Also
       crontab(5), cron(8)

at(1)