Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solaris+Perl script to get process start date Post 302410953 by Evan on Wednesday 7th of April 2010 08:27:03 AM
Old 04-07-2010
Hi Jim, thanks for your reply!

This happens often in the evening, in different days not only the day we switched!
Unfortunately I activated the script after the standard/daylight switch so I can't compare the two behaviours (after/before).

We don't have xntpd neither ntpd, our hosts use a proprietary ALU command (more Lucent than Alcatel I guess) to sync. I don't have much infos about this command since it's built into the application itself.
The command is scheduled to run every 10 minutes 24/7/365.

Thanks,
Evan

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to get process start date and time

what is command to get same using ps with switch. I know process id, by specify process id. It should work on solaris and hp-ux I will be happy if for both different commands. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naeem ahmad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

start process at assidned date and time

How can I start FTP at assigned DATE and TIME? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd2003
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

4. Solaris

How to get process start date and time in SOLARIS?

how can I get the process start date and time? using ps command i can get the timstamp for a process, which are started today. and only date (MMM DD) for others. i need to get both for all the running process. please help. Regards, Jagadeeswaran.K (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeeswaran.K
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture dates between start date and end date Using perl.

Hi All, Want to get all dates and Julian week number for that date between the start date and end date. How can I achive this using perl? (To achive above functionality, I was connecting to the database from DB server. Need to execute the same script in application server, since databse... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract week start,end date from given date in PERL

Hi All, what i want to do in perl is i should give the date at run time .Suppose date given is 23/12/2011(mm/dd/yyyy) the perl script shold find week start date, week end date, previous week start date,end date,next week start date, end date. In this case week start date will be-:12/19/2011... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies
TZ(5)								File Formats Manual							     TZ(5)

NAME
TZ - Time zone environment variable SYNOPSIS
TZ=zone[-]offset[dst[offset][,start[/time],end[/time]]] DESCRIPTION
The TZ environment variable tells functions such as the ctime(3) family and programs like date what the time zone and daylight saving rule is. The value of TZ has the POSIX standardized form shown in the synopsis. This form specifies the zone names, offsets from GMT, and day- light savings changeover times for at least the current year. zone A three or more letter name for the time zone in normal (winter) time. [-]offset A signed time telling the offset of the time zone westwards from Greenwich. The time has the form hh[:mm[:ss]] with a one of two digit hour, and optional two digit minutes and seconds. dst The name of the time zone when daylight savings is in effect. It may be followed by an offset telling how big the clock correction is other than the default of 1 hour. start/time,end/time Specifies the start and end of the daylight savings period. The start and end fields indicate on what day the changeover occurs. They must be in one of the following formats: Jn The Julian day n (1 <= n <= 365) ignoring leap days, i.e. there is no February 29. n The zero-based Julian day (0 <= n <= 365). Leap days are not ignored. Mm.n.d This indicates month m, the n-th occurrence of day d (1 <= m <= 12, 1 <= n <= 5, 0 <= d <= 6, 0=Sunday). The 5-th occurrence means the last occurrence of that day in a month. So M4.1.0 is the first Sunday in April, M9.5.0 is the last Sunday in Septem- ber. The time field indicates the time the changeover occurs on the given day. EXAMPLES
Greenwich Mean Time: TZ=GMT0 Middle European Time, 1 hour east from Greenwich, daylight savings starts on the last Sunday in March at 2 AM and ends on the last Sunday in October at 3 AM: TZ='MET-1MET DST,M3.5.0/2,M10.5.0/3' British time, daylight savings starts and ends at the same moment as MET, but in an earlier time zone: TZ=GMT0BST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/2 The eastern european time zones also have the changeovers at the same absolute time as British time and MET. U.S. Eastern Standard Time, 5 hours west from Greenwich, daylight savings starts on the first Sunday in April at 2 AM and ends on the last Sunday in October at 2 AM: TZ=EST5EDT,M4.1.0/2,M10.5.0/2 It shouldn't surprise you that daylight savings in New Zealand is observed in the months opposite from the previous examples. It starts on the first Sunday in October at 2 AM and ends on the third Sunday in March at 3 AM: TZ=NZST-12NZDT,M10.1.0/2,M3.3.0/3 SEE ALSO
readclock(8), date(1). BUGS
You may have noticed that many fields are optional. Do no omit them, because the defaults are bogus. If you need daylight savings then fully specify the changeovers. West is negative, east is positive, ask any sailor. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) TZ(5)