Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk and Sed examples
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Awk and Sed examples Post 302409777 by drl on Friday 2nd of April 2010 11:36:45 AM
Old 04-02-2010
Hi.

If you would rather read from a book:
Code:
Title: sed & awk
Author: Dale Dougherty, Arnold Robbins
Edition: 2nd
Date: March 1997
Publisher: O'Reilly
ISBN: 1-56592-225-5
Pages: 432
Categories: text, editing, utilities, scripting, programming
Comments: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/sed2/index.html
Comments: tarball examples: http://examples.oreilly.com/sed2/

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Practice examples for beginners

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I have been go through many sites and ready the material for shell scripting. But I am not getting complete examples for practice. Can any one suggest me any site that contains lots of ready examples for shell scripting ?? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to remove spaces - examples don't show up correctly

I have the following data from a manual database dump. I need to format the columns so that I can import them into an excel spread sheet. So far I have been able to get past the hurdles with vi and grep. Now I have one last issue that I can't get past. Here is an example of the data. Here is... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris_Rivera
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

examples of hyperlinks in emails

Hi All, Im using bash on a sloaris box. I am using mailx to send emails from the unix box to internal email accounts. Does anyone have an example of how I can generate a hyperlink within the email body so that when the recipeint recieves the email, they can click on the link and the link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comprehensive expect examples

Can anybody point me to some useful, comprehensive expect examples? I am trying to build a bash script with some telnet interactions. Appreciate any help. Persio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lwp-request examples

Hi; Can i have ne sample examples of of using " lwp-request" in shell script. Is it necessary to have perl installed already in linux box for using this; Thnks; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to combine these two PS1 examples?

I need to have the following joined if possible. Any help would be appreciated. 1st PS1 is for current working directory and color in ksh88. PS1=$(printf "\033 2nd PS1 is for the time in ksh88. date '+%H %M %S' | read H M S SECONDS=$((S + 60*(60*H+M))) PS1='${DUMMY:-}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIBPreacher
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)