Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] How to remove / kill defunct processess? Post 302409510 by jinslick25 on Thursday 1st of April 2010 10:42:38 AM
Old 04-01-2010
but how can i get their PID?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

child processess

Hi, suppose i want to display the child processess that are running at the background.how do u do it. ps -ef shows both parent and child processess i need to see only the child processess. cheers. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uni_ajay_r
3 Replies

2. Solaris

how do I kill defunct processes?

mqm 17700 16815 0 0:00 <defunct> kill -9 does not work, even as root (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] remove pattern with sed

Hi, i want to remove a certain pattern when i type pwd. pwd will look like this: ..../....../....../Pat_logs/..../....../...../...... the dotted lines are just random directory names, i want it to remove the "Pat_logs/...../....../....../" part so for example: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a27wang
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] remove all files of 2010

Hi, how to use "rm" to delete only files from year 2010 ? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

5. Programming

[solved] how to remove header and footer

it still display header and footer header SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Mon Sep 24 13:41:51 2012 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, Real... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] remove file extension

Hi, I have some files with some extension e.g. abc.xml.REMOVE,xyz.xml,efg.xml.REMOVE . I have to remove the .REMOVE extension. I can display it using the below script but cannot rename it. ls -l|sed 's/\.REMOVE//' How can I rename this? Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help to remove a line from a file

Hi, I just upgraded one my server to latest version RHEL, I have many users who will do SSH from another server. I wanted to update all of the users home directory and remove the security key. For example. /home/XYZ/.ssh/known_hosts and remove this hostsname. Please see below and advise.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk to remove lines

Hi, I have a file with contents. file1: <2013 tttaaa abc123 <2013 gggdddd <2013 sssssss <2013 eeeee I need to remove the lines which do not have the word "tttaaa" can some one help ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Want to remove output from a command

Hi, I'm on AIX 5.2. I wrote a script that makes a traceroute to a host. The script works fine but each time it using the traceroute command its generate the 2 output lines. this is the command in my script traceroute -n -m 5 -w 2 $Host | grep 172 | awk '{print $2}' | tail -1 traceroute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to remove multiple files?

Hi Gurus, I have below files in one directory. the file name has date and time portion which is exactly the file be created. I need keep only lasted created file which is abc_20140101_1550 and remove rest of the file. abc_20140101_1300 abc_20140101_1200 abc_20140101_1400 abc_20140101_1500... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies
msvc(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   msvc(8)

NAME
msvc - control minit SYNOPSIS
msvc [ -[uodpchaitko] ] [ -P pid ] service [...] DESCRIPTION
msvc is the management interface to minit. service is the service directory name relative to /etc/minit. Starting with minit 0.9 you can also include /etc/minit/ in the service name. OPTIONS
If no option is given, msvc will just print a small diagnostic message to stdout, saying if the service is up, down or finished, which PID it has if it is up, and for how long it has been in this state. -u Up. If the service is not running, start it. If the service stops, restart it. -o Once. If the service is not running, start it. If the service stops, do not restart it. -d Down. If the service is running, send it a TERM signal and then a CONT signal. After it stops, do not restart it. -p Pause. Send the service a STOP signal. -c Continue. Send the service a CONT signal. -h Hangup. Send the service a HUP signal. -a Alarm. Send the service an ALRM signal. -i Interrupt. Send the service an INT signal. -t Terminate. Send the service a TERM signal. -k Terminate. Send the service a KILL signal. -P pid Set PID. Tell minit the PID of the service is really pid. This is useful for services that fork themselves in the background but put their real PID in a file, typically called /var/run/service.pid. Used by pidfilehack. -D service Print dependencies. This will print all the names of all the services that were started because this services depended on them. Please note that this is not done recursively (i.e. if default depends on qmail and qmail depends on log, this will print qmail, not qmail/log. But msvc -D qmail will print qmail/log). -H Print history. This will print the names of the ten least recently spawned processes. This is useful if you see a process looping (initialization fails and minit is restarting it all the time). RETURN CODES
Generally, msvc return zero if everything is OK or 1 on error (could not open /lib/minit/in or /lib/minit/out or there is no process with the given name). In diagnostic mode, it will exit 0 if the service is up, 2 if it is down or 3 if it is finished. SEE ALSO
pidfilehack(8), svc(8) msvc(8)