Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting moves files remotely using ftp Post 302409504 by methyl on Thursday 1st of April 2010 10:37:40 AM
Old 04-01-2010
You'll need to use ftp "dir" to get a list of files back to your local server, then use this list to compose a long list of "rename" commands for your ftp script.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that moves itself

Hello all, I'm new here, so if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it. :) As a challenge to myself, I've decided I want to make a "alive" script. Well not really, but almost. I want to make a script that will rove around my hard drive in the background (actually "moving"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chmod
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Not able to FTP the files to a FTP server

Hi , We are facing a weird problem in our project. we need to send some xml & audio files to a remote FTP server from a Linux box, we are doing this in Perl script using Net::FTP->. Issue here is.. when FTPed the files using Perl scripts, only empty files ( 0 byte) are getting created on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorepotta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

moves checkout files to local system

I am using my script which generally checkout the repository.Is there any coomand which can help me to checkout the repository not on that svn server while it moves it to your local system at the desired location. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp script - problem removing files remotely

Hello all, After searching through the similar topics and not finding a working solution, I decided to join and post my question (and maybe kill time and help other users). Essentially I am trying to get a file from the sftp and then delete it after the file is pulled. all the sftp commands... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarcMaiden
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to wite shell script to moves files?

Greetings to all, i am new to shell scripting. i need to wite a script that moves files after renaming them to .txt . The exact scenario is this. i have a directory /stsarie/btms/v5.0/report/wps where files will be imported from Host system periodically. Along with a file say named... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: latrom77
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remotely Diff Two files

Daily Stupid Question: How can I remotely look at the difference from a file from my localhost and a remote machine? So: diff local-file remote-file-on-some-other-ip (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)