Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: advanced awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting advanced awk Post 302409253 by wakatana on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 01:15:25 PM
Old 03-31-2010
advanced awk

Hi all

Input
Code:
group1	user1
	user2
	user3
group2	user4
	user5
	user1
group3	user6
	user7
	user8

Desired output
Code:
group1
group2

So far I've tried, but did not work
Code:
BEGIN
{
  i=0;                                  # declaring variable
}

{
  if (NF==2){currgrp=$1;}               # check whether awk actually processing 2 column record, if yes save the group name
  else
     {
      if ($1~/uname/)                   # else if awk is processing 1 column record and is found user name, save the group name to array and increment i
       {
         netgroups[i]=currgrp;
         i++;
       }
     }
}

END                                     # at the end of processing whole file print the array (all saved groups)
{
  for(j=0;j<i;j++)
  {
    print netgroups[i];
  }
}

skript was called
Code:
awk -v uname="user1" -f awkscript.awk group_file

what is wrong with script above ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced Getopts

Hi all, I am using getops to get the arguments passed by the command line. However, I need to specify some rules regarding the parameter sent. For eg: I have script called MyScript which accept parameter d, I, E, r, u so the usage should be like this: MyScript So far, I finished... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan_hery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advanced LS?

My goal is simply to output a listing of all files in a directory and all subdirectories, one per line, ****with their full path****. The *** part is what I can't figure out. I can get one on a line and I like having the extra info, so I'm using ls -Rl right now. But what I get is just the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bostonrobot
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced I/O

What is Stream Devices and Stream pipes? Explain Advanced I/O ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thangappan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced printf

I want to print: WELCOME TO MY WORLD Where "WELCOME TO MY WORLD" will be in green (32) and the underline will be in yellow (33). How can i do the above using printf. printf "`tput smul`\033 leaves both the text and the underline in green. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

5. Programming

Books for advanced C

Simple question , what good book is next step in learning C. I finished with K&R and I want to go to the next step , so if someone has a good book please share title :D I looked for Advanced C programming by example but it is too expansive 400$ on Amazon :( So please tell me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with advanced wget

Hi All, I am trying to download large no of data using wget. the URLS are saved in a file. I want to want for a few seconds after every URL is downloaded so i saw the option -w with wget but it does not seem to work. Can any one give me a working usage. wget -i ../file1t -o ../Outlog.log -N -S... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnasvini
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced sed/awk help

I have thousands of files in HTML that looks like this: .... .... .... <!-- table horaire --> <!-- table horaire --> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="tblHoraires" summary="Table des horaires de la ligne 12"> <tr> <th scope="row"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: charafantah
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with awk (making simple/advanced ini parser)

Hello I'm searching some kind of example (or ready-made solution, but I don't really want it, because I want to learn awk more), to make something like a parser in awk for something like this (I put example, because I don't really know how to explain this): line1=1 line2=0 line3=1... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jormung
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced AWK Regexp substring to int & Replace

Hi! I have a difficult problem, to step up a unknown version number in a text file, and save the file. It would be great to run script.sh and the version gets increased. Example the content of the textfile.txt hello version = x bye This include three steps 1. First find the char after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beachboy72
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT - advanced help

Hi, i need to automate installation (console) of product and found except as solution.iam new to expect and know basics of expect. i am struck with the following cases and need help for them to continue: 1) in every screen of installation at the end we have kind of buttons which we need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai Harika
7 Replies
MPI_Group_union(3OpenMPI)												 MPI_Group_union(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_Group_union - Produces a group by combining two groups. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_Group_union(MPI_Group group1, MPI_Group group2, MPI_Group *newgroup) Fortran Syntax INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_GROUP_UNION(GROUP1, GROUP2, NEWGROUP, IERROR) INTEGER GROUP1, GROUP2, NEWGROUP, IERROR C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> static Group Group::Union(const Group& group1, const Group& group2) INPUT PARAMETERS
group1 First group (handle). group2 Second group (handle). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
newgroup Union group (handle). IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
The set-like operations are defined as follows: o union -- All elements of the first group (group1), followed by all elements of second group (group2) not in first. o intersect -- all elements of the first group that are also in the second group, ordered as in first group. o difference -- all elements of the first group that are not in the second group, ordered as in the first group. Note that for these operations the order of processes in the output group is determined primarily by order in the first group (if possible) and then, if necessary, by order in the second group. Neither union nor intersection are commutative, but both are associative. The new group can be empty, that is, equal to MPI_GROUP_EMPTY. ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_Group_free Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_Group_union(3OpenMPI)