Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: advanced awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting advanced awk Post 302409253 by wakatana on Wednesday 31st of March 2010 01:15:25 PM
Old 03-31-2010
advanced awk

Hi all

Input
Code:
group1	user1
	user2
	user3
group2	user4
	user5
	user1
group3	user6
	user7
	user8

Desired output
Code:
group1
group2

So far I've tried, but did not work
Code:
BEGIN
{
  i=0;                                  # declaring variable
}

{
  if (NF==2){currgrp=$1;}               # check whether awk actually processing 2 column record, if yes save the group name
  else
     {
      if ($1~/uname/)                   # else if awk is processing 1 column record and is found user name, save the group name to array and increment i
       {
         netgroups[i]=currgrp;
         i++;
       }
     }
}

END                                     # at the end of processing whole file print the array (all saved groups)
{
  for(j=0;j<i;j++)
  {
    print netgroups[i];
  }
}

skript was called
Code:
awk -v uname="user1" -f awkscript.awk group_file

what is wrong with script above ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced Getopts

Hi all, I am using getops to get the arguments passed by the command line. However, I need to specify some rules regarding the parameter sent. For eg: I have script called MyScript which accept parameter d, I, E, r, u so the usage should be like this: MyScript So far, I finished... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan_hery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advanced LS?

My goal is simply to output a listing of all files in a directory and all subdirectories, one per line, ****with their full path****. The *** part is what I can't figure out. I can get one on a line and I like having the extra info, so I'm using ls -Rl right now. But what I get is just the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bostonrobot
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced I/O

What is Stream Devices and Stream pipes? Explain Advanced I/O ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thangappan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced printf

I want to print: WELCOME TO MY WORLD Where "WELCOME TO MY WORLD" will be in green (32) and the underline will be in yellow (33). How can i do the above using printf. printf "`tput smul`\033 leaves both the text and the underline in green. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

5. Programming

Books for advanced C

Simple question , what good book is next step in learning C. I finished with K&R and I want to go to the next step , so if someone has a good book please share title :D I looked for Advanced C programming by example but it is too expansive 400$ on Amazon :( So please tell me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with advanced wget

Hi All, I am trying to download large no of data using wget. the URLS are saved in a file. I want to want for a few seconds after every URL is downloaded so i saw the option -w with wget but it does not seem to work. Can any one give me a working usage. wget -i ../file1t -o ../Outlog.log -N -S... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnasvini
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced sed/awk help

I have thousands of files in HTML that looks like this: .... .... .... <!-- table horaire --> <!-- table horaire --> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="tblHoraires" summary="Table des horaires de la ligne 12"> <tr> <th scope="row"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: charafantah
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with awk (making simple/advanced ini parser)

Hello I'm searching some kind of example (or ready-made solution, but I don't really want it, because I want to learn awk more), to make something like a parser in awk for something like this (I put example, because I don't really know how to explain this): line1=1 line2=0 line3=1... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jormung
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced AWK Regexp substring to int & Replace

Hi! I have a difficult problem, to step up a unknown version number in a text file, and save the file. It would be great to run script.sh and the version gets increased. Example the content of the textfile.txt hello version = x bye This include three steps 1. First find the char after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beachboy72
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT - advanced help

Hi, i need to automate installation (console) of product and found except as solution.iam new to expect and know basics of expect. i am struck with the following cases and need help for them to continue: 1) in every screen of installation at the end we have kind of buttons which we need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai Harika
7 Replies
SMPTEFrame(3)							    libltcsmpte 						     SMPTEFrame(3)

NAME
SMPTEFrame - Raw 80 bit SMPTE frame. SYNOPSIS
#include <ltcsmpte.h> Data Fields unsigned int frameUnits:4 unsigned int user1:4 unsigned int frameTens:2 unsigned int dfbit:1 unsigned int colFrm:1 unsigned int user2:4 unsigned int secsUnits:4 unsigned int user3:4 unsigned int secsTens:3 unsigned int biphaseMarkPhaseCorrection:1 unsigned int user4:4 unsigned int minsUnits:4 unsigned int user5:4 unsigned int minsTens:3 unsigned int binaryGroupFlagBit1:1 unsigned int user6:4 unsigned int hoursUnits:4 unsigned int user7:4 unsigned int hoursTens:2 unsigned int reserved:1 unsigned int binaryGroupFlagBit2:1 unsigned int user8:4 unsigned int syncWord:16 Detailed Description Raw 80 bit SMPTE frame. Definition at line 140 of file ltcsmpte.h. Field Documentation unsigned int SMPTEFrame::binaryGroupFlagBit1 Definition at line 160 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::binaryGroupFlagBit2 Definition at line 168 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::biphaseMarkPhaseCorrection Definition at line 153 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::colFrm Definition at line 146 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::dfbit Examples: tests/decoder.c. Definition at line 145 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::frameTens Definition at line 144 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::frameUnits Definition at line 141 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::hoursTens Definition at line 166 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::hoursUnits Definition at line 163 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::minsTens Definition at line 159 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::minsUnits Definition at line 156 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::reserved Definition at line 167 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::secsTens Definition at line 152 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::secsUnits Definition at line 149 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::syncWord Definition at line 171 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user1 Definition at line 142 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user2 Definition at line 147 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user3 Definition at line 150 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user4 Definition at line 154 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user5 Definition at line 157 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user6 Definition at line 161 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user7 Definition at line 164 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user8 Definition at line 169 of file ltcsmpte.h. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libltcsmpte from the source code. Version 0.4.4 Fri Apr 27 2012 SMPTEFrame(3)