Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk and Sed examples
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Awk and Sed examples Post 302408566 by malcomex999 on Tuesday 30th of March 2010 01:33:15 AM
Old 03-30-2010
Google should your best friend to answer this!!!
And you were not suppose to put it in emergency forum...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Practice examples for beginners

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I have been go through many sites and ready the material for shell scripting. But I am not getting complete examples for practice. Can any one suggest me any site that contains lots of ready examples for shell scripting ?? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to remove spaces - examples don't show up correctly

I have the following data from a manual database dump. I need to format the columns so that I can import them into an excel spread sheet. So far I have been able to get past the hurdles with vi and grep. Now I have one last issue that I can't get past. Here is an example of the data. Here is... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris_Rivera
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

examples of hyperlinks in emails

Hi All, Im using bash on a sloaris box. I am using mailx to send emails from the unix box to internal email accounts. Does anyone have an example of how I can generate a hyperlink within the email body so that when the recipeint recieves the email, they can click on the link and the link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comprehensive expect examples

Can anybody point me to some useful, comprehensive expect examples? I am trying to build a bash script with some telnet interactions. Appreciate any help. Persio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lwp-request examples

Hi; Can i have ne sample examples of of using " lwp-request" in shell script. Is it necessary to have perl installed already in linux box for using this; Thnks; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to combine these two PS1 examples?

I need to have the following joined if possible. Any help would be appreciated. 1st PS1 is for current working directory and color in ksh88. PS1=$(printf "\033 2nd PS1 is for the time in ksh88. date '+%H %M %S' | read H M S SECONDS=$((S + 60*(60*H+M))) PS1='${DUMMY:-}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIBPreacher
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies
SYSTEMD.TARGET(5)						  systemd.target						 SYSTEMD.TARGET(5)

NAME
systemd.target - Target unit configuration SYNOPSIS
target.target DESCRIPTION
A unit configuration file whose name ends in ".target" encodes information about a target unit of systemd, which is used for grouping units and as well-known synchronization points during start-up. This unit type has no specific options. See systemd.unit(5) for the common options of all unit configuration files. The common configuration items are configured in the generic [Unit] and [Install] sections. A separate [Target] section does not exist, since no target-specific options may be configured. Target units do not offer any additional functionality on top of the generic functionality provided by units. They exist merely to group units via dependencies (useful as boot targets), and to establish standardized names for synchronization points used in dependencies between units. Among other things, target units are a more flexible replacement for SysV runlevels in the classic SysV init system. (And for compatibility reasons special target units such as runlevel3.target exist which are used by the SysV runlevel compatibility code in systemd. See systemd.special(7) for details). IMPLICIT DEPENDENCIES
There are no implicit dependencies for target units. DEFAULT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are added unless DefaultDependencies=no is set: o Target units will automatically complement all configured dependencies of type Wants= or Requires= with dependencies of type After= unless DefaultDependencies=no is set in the specified units. Note that Wants= or Requires= must be defined in the target unit itself -- if you for example define Wants=some.target in some.service, the automatic ordering will not be added. o Target units automatically gain Conflicts= dependency against shutdown.target. EXAMPLE
Example 1. Simple standalone target # emergency-net.target [Unit] Description=Emergency Mode with Networking Requires=emergency.target systemd-networkd.service After=emergency.target systemd-networkd.service AllowIsolate=yes When adding dependencies to other units, it's important to check if they set DefaultDependencies=. Service units, unless they set DefaultDependencies=no, automatically get a dependency on sysinit.target. In this case, both emergency.target and systemd-networkd.service have DefaultDependencies=no, so they are suitable for use in this target, and do not pull in sysinit.target. You can now switch into this emergency mode by running systemctl isolate emergency-net.target or by passing the option systemd.unit=emergency-net.target on the kernel command line. Other units can have WantedBy=emergency-net.target in the [Install] section. After they are enabled using systemctl enable, they will be started before emergency-net.target is started. It is also possible to add arbitrary units as dependencies of emergency.target without modifying them by using systemctl add-wants. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd.unit(5), systemd.special(7), systemd.directives(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD.TARGET(5)