Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] How to determine that you have 2 disks mirrored ? Post 302408345 by zaxxon on Monday 29th of March 2010 09:00:55 AM
Old 03-29-2010
maxim42, you have to take a closer look to vbe's output:
Code:
Current LE                  38        
Allocated PE                76

The example Logical Volume he shows has twice as many physical extents that logical which shows that it is mirrored (I guess that's just similar to AIX LP and PP, Logical Partitions and Physical Partitions - just as I sneaked in here Smilie).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

checking to see if logical disks are mirrored.

I have AIX 5.1 I ran these commands and was not able to see what disk were mirrored to what. I thought this is what I should do? lslv -m rd |more lslv -m db |more I get a error stating that it can't find or in the device configuation databse. Is there another way to look? I have a physcal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker40
1 Replies

2. AIX

Mirrored disk.....

How do I know, which all disks are mirrored? any command? Bala (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Creating an image of a mirrored disks

Hi guys, I havent done this before but iam trying to create an image of a mirrorred drive. Correct me if iam wrong, but when i have two disks setup in raid configuration and have them mirrored in solaris. It then defines at one entity. How would i create a "flar" image of that one entity... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Backup for HW Mirrored Disks

We use SW mirroring (RAID1) using SVM for our SUN servers (which we OEM to end clients with our application on). When I need to make a tape backup for the server (disk), I disable mirroring and perform backup of the entire disk to tape using ufsdump. This process requires an outage and sensitive as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

To identify if local disks are mirrored

Hello All, Am trynig to identify if the local HD's on our BL860 (running 11v3) are indeed mirrored to each other. Cheers, Cameron (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Are my disks mirrored ?

# metastat d1: Mirror Submirror 0: d11 State: Okay Submirror 1: d12 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 14582208 blocks (7.0 GB) d11: Submirror of d1 State: Okay Size: 14582208 blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to determine the physical volume fo the disks

This is the report I got running the comand rptconf, but I would like to know what is the capacity of the disks installed into our server power 6 with AIX System Model: IBM,7778-23X Machine Serial Number: 1066D5A Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER6 Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cucosss
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

[Solved] How to extend a mirrored logical volume?

Want to extend the /home filesystem: Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol4 262144 260088 2056 99% /home root@server:./root # vgdisplay vg00 --- Volume groups --- VG Name /dev/vg00 VG Write Access read/write VG Status available Max LV 255 Cur LV 11 Open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to determine if i have spare disks in Solaris?

Hi Guys, obviously new to SOLARIS SUN SPARC 5.10 I would really appreciate if you help me see how to find free disks available in my system. Like i am a linux admin. If i want to grow a file system in linux. I would first have a look at my volume groups to see if they have free PEs if not then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aiqbal
2 Replies
volmirror(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      volmirror(8)

NAME
volmirror - Mirrors volumes on a disk or control default mirroring SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volmirror [-g diskgroup] [-d yes|no] medianame [new_medianame...] /usr/sbin/volmirror [-g diskgroup] [-d yes|no] -a [new_medianame...] /usr/sbin/volmirror [-g diskgroup] [-d yes|no] /usr/sbin/volmirror [-g diskgroup] -D OPTIONS
The volmirror command supports the following options: Limits operation of the command to the given disk group, as specified by disk group ID or disk group name. The medianame operands will be evaluated relative to the given disk group. If no disk group is supplied to the volmirror command, rootdg is presumed. Changes the default for subsequent volume creation, depending on the option argument. If the option argument is yes, all subsequent volumes created using the volassist command will automatically be created as mirrored volumes. If the option argument supplied is no, mirroring will be turned off for future volumes by default. Displays current default status for mirroring. Mirrors all existing volumes for the specified disk group. DESCRIPTION
The volmirror command provides a mechanism to mirror all the contents of a specified disk, to mirror all currently unmirrored volumes in the specified disk group, or to change or display the current defaults for mirroring. All volumes that have only a single plex (mirror copy), will be mirrored by adding an additional plex. Volumes containing subdisks that reside on more than one disk will not be mirrored by volmirror. The volmirror command is generally called from the voldiskadm menus. It is not an interactive command and once called, will continue until completion of the operation or until a failure is detected. Note Due to the nature of generating mirror copies of volumes, this command may take a considerable time to complete. In the first listed form of the command, the disk media name is supplied on the command line to volmirror. That name is taken to be the only disk from which volumes should be mirrored. In the case of mirroring volumes from a specified disk, only simple single-subdisk volumes are mirrored. In the first and second listed forms of the command, the new_medianame ... parameter identifies a new disk media name (or set of names). The mirroring operation being performed will use these names as targets on which to allocate the mirrors. An error will result if the same disk is specified for both the source and target disk and if no other viable targets are supplied. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of the use of the volmirror command. The following command mirrors the contents of the disk named disk01 to any available space on any available disk. Subsequent calls to volassist will cause created volumes to be mirrored by default. volmirror -d yes disk01 The following command displays the current status of default mirroring. It prints the string yes if mirroring is currently enabled or no, if not. volmirror -D The following command mirrors any volumes on disk02 onto disk03. volmirror disk02 disk03 FILES
The defaults file for volassist parameters. SEE ALSO
volintro(8), volassist(8), volrootmir(8) volmirror(8)