Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ascii to hex
Top Forums Programming ascii to hex Post 302405379 by Franklin52 on Thursday 18th of March 2010 04:58:27 PM
Old 03-18-2010
What about:

Code:
$ cat file
hello
world
$ od -An -t x1 file| awk '{gsub("0a","0a%\n");gsub(" ","%")}{printf("%s", $0)}'
%68%65%6c%6c%6f%0a%
%77%6f%72%6c%64%0a%

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert hex to ascii text

Is there a command to convert hex characters into their respective ascii values? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

5. Linux

source code ASCII to HEx

Is there are any source code in ANSI C to convert ASCII to Hexa decimal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
1 Replies

6. Programming

converaion ASCII to HEX

anyone knows any formulae or flow chart or procedure to convert ASCII characters into HEXA values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
4 Replies

7. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Convert "hex" foldername to "ascii"

So, I have a folder, containing subdirs like this: 52334d50 52365245 524b4450 524f3350 52533950 52535050 52555550 now I want to go ahead and rename all those folder: hex -> ascii (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
8 Replies
RAX2(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   RAX2(1)

NAME
rax2 -- radare base converter SYNOPSIS
rax2 [-ebsSvxkh] [[value] ...] DESCRIPTION
This command is part of the radare project. This command allows you to convert values between positive and negative integer, float octal, binary and hexadecimal values. OPTIONS
-e Swap endian. -b Convert from binary string to caracter (rax2 -b 01000101) -s Convert from hex string to caracter (rax2 -s 43 4a 50) -S Convert from hex string to caracter (rax2 -S C J P) -v Show program version -x Convert a string into a hash -k Keep de same base as the input data -h Show usage help message USAGE
Available variable types are: int -> hex rax2 10 hex -> int rax2 0xa -int -> hex rax2 -77 -hex -> int rax2 0xffffffb3 int -> bin rax2 b30 bin -> int rax2 1010d float -> hex rax2 3.33f hex -> float rax2 Fx40551ed8 oct -> hex rax2 35o hex -> oct rax2 Ox12 (O is a letter) bin -> hex rax2 1100011b hex -> bin rax2 Bx63 With no arguments, rax2 reads values from stdin. You can pass one or more values as arguments. $ rax2 33 0x41 0101b 0x21 65 0x5 You can do 'unpack' hexpair encoded strings easily. $ rax2 -s 41 42 43 ABC And it supports some math operations. $ rax2 0x5*101b+5 30 It is very useful tool for scripting, so you can read floating point values, or get the integer offset of a jump or a stack delta when ana- lyzing programs. SEE ALSO
radare2(1), rahash2(1), rafind2(1), rabin2(1), ranal2(1), radiff2(1), ragg2(1), rarun2(1), rasm2(1), AUTHORS
pancake <pancake@nopcode.org>, nibble <nibble@develsec.org> BSD
Mar 12, 2010 BSD