Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ascii to hex
Top Forums Programming ascii to hex Post 302405365 by joeyg on Thursday 18th of March 2010 04:06:32 PM
Old 03-18-2010
Hammer & Screwdriver You are right, my mistake

OK, it is ugly, but...
Code:
cat infile | od -An -t x2 | tr " " "\n" | tr -s "\n" | awk '{print "%"substr($1,1,2);print "%"substr($1,3,2)}' | sed 's/0a/0a~/g' | tr -d "\n" | tr "~" "\n"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert hex to ascii text

Is there a command to convert hex characters into their respective ascii values? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

5. Linux

source code ASCII to HEx

Is there are any source code in ANSI C to convert ASCII to Hexa decimal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
1 Replies

6. Programming

converaion ASCII to HEX

anyone knows any formulae or flow chart or procedure to convert ASCII characters into HEXA values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
4 Replies

7. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Convert "hex" foldername to "ascii"

So, I have a folder, containing subdirs like this: 52334d50 52365245 524b4450 524f3350 52533950 52535050 52555550 now I want to go ahead and rename all those folder: hex -> ascii (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
8 Replies
base32::hex(3tcl)						  Base32 encoding						 base32::hex(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
base32::hex - base32 extended hex encoding SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require base32::core ?0.1? package require base32::hex ?0.1? ::base32::hex::encode string ::base32::hex::decode estring _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides commands for encoding and decoding of strings into and out of the extended hex base32 encoding as specified in the RFC 3548bis draft. API
::base32::hex::encode string This command encodes the given string in extended hex base32 and returns the encoded string as its result. The result may be padded with the character = to signal a partial encoding at the end of the input string. ::base32::hex::decode estring This commands takes the estring and decodes it under the assumption that it is a valid extended hex base32 encoded string. The result of the decoding is returned as the result of the command. Note that while the encoder will generate only uppercase characters this decoder accepts input in lowercase as well. The command will always throw an error whenever encountering conditions which signal some type of bogus input, namely if [1] the input contains characters which are not valid output of a extended hex base32 encoder, [2] the length of the input is not a multiple of eight, [3] padding appears not at the end of input, but in the middle, [4] the padding has not of length six, four, three, or one characters, CODE MAP
The code map used to convert 5-bit sequences is shown below, with the numeric id of the bit sequences to the left and the character used to encode it to the right. The important feature of the extended hex mapping is that the first 16 codes map to the digits and hex characters. 0 0 9 9 18 I 27 R 1 1 10 A 19 J 28 S 2 2 11 B 20 K 29 T 3 3 12 C 21 L 30 U 4 4 13 D 22 M 31 V 5 5 14 E 23 N 6 6 15 F 24 O 7 7 16 G 25 P 8 8 17 H 26 Q BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base32 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
base32, hex, rfc3548 CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Public domain base32 0.1 base32::hex(3tcl)