Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ascii to hex
Top Forums Programming ascii to hex Post 302405342 by Kingbruce on Thursday 18th of March 2010 02:58:05 PM
Old 03-18-2010
ascii to hex

Hello guys,

i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code :

Code:
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
            ifstream file;
            string fileName = "CODEZ";

file.open(fileName.c_str()); //  oeffen im Text-Modus
            if(file)
            {
                        string text; // Haupttext
                        while(!file.eof())
                        {
                                    char buffer; // Buffer
                                    file.get(buffer);
                                    //text += buffer; // Zeichen zusammensetzen
                                    cout << "%" << hex <<(int)buffer  ;
                        }
                          file.close();
            }
            else
            {
                        cout << "Datei Fehler!";
            }
            cin.get();
            return 0;
}

My problem is to recognise where the line of the original document ends.
The input from text file is :
Code:
hello
world

The output is :
Code:
%68%65%6c%6c%6f%a%77%6f%72%6c%64%a%a

But my desired Output is:
Code:
%68%65%6c%6c%6f%a
%77%6f%72%6c%64%a

The Strings in the text file are of various length,...but in each line is just one word!
Any ideas how to solve this problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert hex to ascii text

Is there a command to convert hex characters into their respective ascii values? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

5. Linux

source code ASCII to HEx

Is there are any source code in ANSI C to convert ASCII to Hexa decimal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
1 Replies

6. Programming

converaion ASCII to HEX

anyone knows any formulae or flow chart or procedure to convert ASCII characters into HEXA values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
4 Replies

7. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Convert "hex" foldername to "ascii"

So, I have a folder, containing subdirs like this: 52334d50 52365245 524b4450 524f3350 52533950 52535050 52555550 now I want to go ahead and rename all those folder: hex -> ascii (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
8 Replies
XmTextGetSubstring(library call)										  XmTextGetSubstring(library call)

NAME
XmTextGetSubstring -- A Text function that retrieves a copy of a portion of the internal text buffer SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Text.h> int XmTextGetSubstring( Widget widget, XmTextPosition start, int num_chars, int buffer_size, char *buffer); DESCRIPTION
XmTextGetSubstring retrieves a copy of a portion of the internal text buffer of a Text widget. The function copies a specified number of characters from a given start position in the internal text buffer into a buffer provided by the application. A NULL terminator is placed at the end of the copied data. The size of the required buffer depends on the maximum number of bytes per character (MB_CUR_MAX) for the current locale. MB_CUR_MAX is a macro defined in stdlib.h. The buffer should be large enough to contain the substring to be copied and a NULL terminator. Use the following equation to calculate the size of buffer the application should provide: buffer_size = (num_chars* MB_CUR_MAX) + 1 (void) widget Specifies the Text widget ID. start Specifies the beginning character position from which the data will be retrieved. This is an integer number of characters from the beginning of the text buffer. The first character position is 0 (zero). num_chars Specifies the number of characters to be copied into the provided buffer. buffer_size Specifies the size of the supplied buffer in bytes. This size should account for a NULL terminator. buffer Specifies the character buffer into which the internal text buffer will be copied. For a complete definition of Text and its associated resources, see XmText(3). RETURN
XmCOPY_SUCCEEDED The function was successful. XmCOPY_FAILED The function failed because it was unable to copy the specified number of characters into the buffer provided. The buffer size may be insufficient. The contents of buffer are undefined. XmCOPY_TRUNCATED The requested number of characters extended beyond the internal buffer. The function copied characters between start and the end of the widget's buffer and terminated the string with a NULL terminator; fewer than num_chars characters were copied. RELATED
XmText(3) and XmTextGetSubstringWcs(3). XmTextGetSubstring(library call)